Christ United Methodist Church of Jackson, Mississippi is seeking a full time Human Resources Generalist to assist the Executive Director or Resources by providing oversight to all Human Resources practices and systems. Christ United Methodist is a large
and growing congregation dedicated to reaching the local community as well as developing programs that impact the world for Jesus Christ.
Please NO PHONE CALLS. Local applicants only please.
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for developing and enhancing HR programs, policies and practices that enable and empower staff to use their giftedness and skills in achieving ministry objectives. This position oversees the HR functions of employment,
compensation, benefits, employee relations, training & development and performance management; and serves as a strategic partner to the Executive Director of Resources regarding organizational structure and effectiveness.
REQUIRED GIFTS AND SKILLS
- 2 to 5 years of Human Resources Experience
- Expertise in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher and Outlook
- Knowledge of computer systems and technology
- Ability to troubleshoot and multi task
- Ability to manage and support filing and paperwork for a large number of staff members
- Competent in working both independently and as a member of a team.
- High degree of confidentiality
- Excellent Oral and Written communication skills
- Knowledgeable of benefits administration
- Knowledgeable of employment law and compliance
- Knowledgeable of staff compensation and review systems
- Ability to perform general administrative office functions