Director of Children’s Ministries at St. James United Methodist Church at Tampa Palms
Directly Supervises: Associate Director of Children’s Ministries, Children’s Ministries Administrative Asst.
The Director of Children’s Ministries will provide dynamic growth, leadership and oversight to children ages birth through fifth grade for St James UMC and its community. The Director will effectively interact with the students, influential leaders in our community that affect our children, staff members of St James UMC, and the parents of the Children’s Ministry to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
- Develop ministries that foster the children’s growth in five key areas: Connecting (Radical Hospitality), Worshiping (Passionate Worship), Growing (Intentional Discipleship), Serving (Risk-Taking Mission and Service), and Giving (Extravagant Generosity).
- Provide vision, leadership, resources, and support for direct reports and key volunteers.
- Develop creative vision and annual ministry plans with achievable and measureable goals for growth.
- Be active in creating and implementing meaningful outreach events with participative leadership presence.
- Show support for the community’s children in activities away from St. James (sports, dance, theater, etc.).
- Cultivate an environment that attracts children to be part of the Body of Christ.
- Ability to attract, connect, train, and sustain qualified adult volunteers to assist with implementation of ministry vision and plans.
- Devote your personal and professional life to being an example of what it means to follow Jesus Christ and walk in His grace.
- Partner with other ministries within St James UMC to form a cohesive ministry team.
- Create a thorough annual budget and effectively management expenses to accomplish goals.
- Continually explore opportunities on how to grow the children’s ministry and capture the children’s hearts to pursue a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Participate in and complete continued educational courses/studies; stay fresh and relevant in ministry.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited four-year college or university, or equivalent education and experience.
- Strong commitment to the Christian faith and to the theology of the United Methodist Church.
- Willingness to adhere to the St. James UMC Staff Policies and Statement of Ethics, to be loyal to the Senior Pastor and church leadership, and be faithful to the St. James UMC mission, vision, and values.
- Ability to pray, teach, and interact well with others.
- Ability to comfortably speak and in front of large groups and deliver messages.
- Ability to participate in children’s activities as required for relationship-building.
- Vision-casting and leadership ability
- Team and ministry management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self-starter and dependable
- Integrity and trustworthiness
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Kids Ministry Leader (Pastor)Private Profile
- Hayward, California
- January 22
Director of Christian Education for Children, Youth and FamiliesSpring Valley Presbyterian Church
- Columbia, South Carolina
- January 21
Director of Children's MinistriesFellowship Bible Church
- Benton, Arkansas
- January 21
Director of Childrens MinistrySt. Luke Church
- Columbus, Georgia
- January 20
Director of Children's MinistriesJourney Community Church
- Camas, Washington
- January 20