The person filling this part time (20 hour per week) pastoral ministry position will work with the senior pastor, the staff, and church fellowship to introduce, and strengthen the relationships people in our church and community share with Jesus Christ,
with a special emphasis on youth and their friends and families. This person will build upon our fellowship’s efforts and focus of mission in “making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.” This person, and our fellowship, will work
together to create times for prayer, devotions, and bible study focused on practical biblical understanding and sharing in life. We strive to create an atmosphere of life long learning and growth in faith.
The Youth Director will be accountable to the senior pastor and Staff Parish Relations Committee. The credentials we require are experience in youth ministry settings, with a preference towards college education experience a plus; the candidate must meet
Safe Sanctuaries Requirements of the United Methodist Church, requiring a criminal record and child abuse clearance background check.
We seek a person with a passion for ministering with teens and their families and helping facilitate their involvement and full participation in the church's fellowship and ministries. The director's efforts will include implementation of all youth ministry
related programs and events, especially in utilizing /emphasizing discipleship through small groups.
1) Be a committed follower of Jesus Christ, seeking to develop a personal and devotional relationship with Jesus Christ, through the sharing of the Word.
2) Reinforcing the youth role in the church by growing in relationships with God
3) Be able to support and work within the mission, vision, values and focus of Glossbrenner UMC, as well as within the doctrinal standards of the United Methodist Church
4) Have excellent communication skills with and above average knowledge and skill level with computers / media / technology.
5) Regularly attend worship services at Glossbrenner UMC.
6) Demonstrate positive, interactive participation on the staff team that models mutual respect and accountability.
1) Involve youth and parents in the implementation of all youth ministry related
programs and events, especially in utilizing /emphasizing discipleship through
2) Plan and implement a weekly Sunday School lesson for the youth.
3) Communicate with parents about goals, activities, and events of the ministry.
4) Establish and maintain regular connections with the church's college students.
5) Prepare and administrate the annual youth ministry budgets along with the appropriate ministry leadership teams.
6) Develop and maintain appropriate safety and security guidelines as outlined in the Safe Sanctuary policy for the Glossbrenner UMC, including criminal background checks for staff and volunteers and implementing training on child protection,
health issues, and other procedures to ensure the safety and security of those participating in the church's ministries.
7) Coordinate the direction of youth ministry events such as fundraisers, special events and Sunday activities including working with the Reach mission team.
8) Participate in the calling, equipping and deploying of volunteers for youth, and in the development of their spiritual leadership capacity.
9) Serve as pastor to youth and their families.
10) Assist in facilitating the church's confirmation program, under the direction of the
11) Participate in resource outreach ministries for the youth.
12) Lead worship and / or preach – as negotiated with the Senior Pastor – as it
enhances the overall focus of the church.
13) Any other duties as agreed upon with the Senior Pastor and based on the person's
spiritual gifts and calling.