Position Summary: To direct the Sunday morning and Wednesday evening elementary programs under the direction of the Director of Children 's Ministries.
Ministry and Oversight:
This person will work on a team of four and report to the Children 's Director.
Applicants must love young children, be energetic, creative, organized, fun, and be able to develop and
direct a team around you. This position will oversee an average of 100 children, first through fifth grade each week, as well as a team of volunteers who create life changing ministry.
- Developed and teach a Bible lesson based on current sermon series that is age appropriate for 9:30 worship hour and plan activities to go with the lesson
- Work with the Preschool Coordinator to select and lead a curriculum, and plan activities to go along with the Wednesday night Bible time
- Coordinate Elementary Sunday school teachers and volunteers; this includes ongoing recruiting and training of teachers for the 11:00 hour and volunteers for 9:30 and 11:00 hours based on need. Also requires scheduling of teachers and volunteers and weekly contact with each.
- Responsible for getting supplies and the weekly program structure
- Weekly newsletter to parents
- Responsible for getting snacks ready on Sundays
- Responsible for feeding the children on Wednesday evenings
- Responsible for keeping the 4th floor area clean and organized after use on Sundays and Wednesdays
- Help plan, and be available to work special events that arise during the year
- Responsible for keeping current all policies and procedures of the Child Protection Policy
- Other duties as assigned by the Children 's Director
Hours of Employment:
8:30 – 1:00 on Sundays (4.5)
5:30 – 8:00 on Wednesday evenings (2.5)
Additional hours for lesson planning and as needs arise in the church during the week
Total of 15-20 hours per week
• 2 to 5 years of experience teaching and working with elementary age children, lesson planning/teaching
• Associate Degree or Higher Preferable
First United Methodist Church in downtown St. Petersburg, FL is a dynamic, family focused, Spirit filled church that is active and growing. We offer multiple service times during the week as well as a vibrant Children's and Youth Ministry.
Compensation: $13.00 per hour
Please email resume to Lora Ulrich, Director of Children’s Ministries, First United Methodist Church
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
graceKIDS! Assistant (Oviedo Campus)Grace Church
- Orlando, Florida
- December 8
Headmaster / School Principal (#521413)Private Profile
- Metro Atlanta, Georgia
- December 8
Elementary Programming DirectorParkview Christian Church
- Orland Park, Illinois
- December 8
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY CAMPUS DIRECTORNew Hope Community Church
- Cambridge, Minnesota
- December 3
Teaching & Missions PastorFirst Congregational Church
- Parkersburg, Iowa
- November 29
First United Methodist Church of St. Petersburg
Our Mission: To make and send disciples of Jesus Christ into the world. Our Vision: Disciples of Jesus Christ, empowered by the Holy Spirit, transforming our world into a community of love, mercy and justice! More...