Position Summary: To direct the Sunday morning and Wednesday evening elementary programs under the direction of the Director of Children 's Ministries.
Ministry and Oversight:
This person will work on a team of four and report to the Children 's Director.
Applicants must love young children, be energetic, creative, organized, fun, and be able to develop and
direct a team around you. This position will oversee an average of 100 children, first through fifth grade each week, as well as a team of volunteers who create life changing ministry.
- Developed and teach a Bible lesson based on current sermon series that is age appropriate for 9:30 worship hour and plan activities to go with the lesson
- Work with the Preschool Coordinator to select and lead a curriculum, and plan activities to go along with the Wednesday night Bible time
- Coordinate Elementary Sunday school teachers and volunteers; this includes ongoing recruiting and training of teachers for the 11:00 hour and volunteers for 9:30 and 11:00 hours based on need. Also requires scheduling of teachers and volunteers and weekly contact with each.
- Responsible for getting supplies and the weekly program structure
- Weekly newsletter to parents
- Responsible for getting snacks ready on Sundays
- Responsible for feeding the children on Wednesday evenings
- Responsible for keeping the 4th floor area clean and organized after use on Sundays and Wednesdays
- Help plan, and be available to work special events that arise during the year
- Responsible for keeping current all policies and procedures of the Child Protection Policy
- Other duties as assigned by the Children 's Director
Hours of Employment:
8:30 – 1:00 on Sundays (4.5)
5:30 – 8:00 on Wednesday evenings (2.5)
Additional hours for lesson planning and as needs arise in the church during the week
Total of 15-20 hours per week
• 2 to 5 years of experience teaching and working with elementary age children, lesson planning/teaching
• Associate Degree or Higher Preferable
First United Methodist Church in downtown St. Petersburg, FL is a dynamic, family focused, Spirit filled church that is active and growing. We offer multiple service times during the week as well as a vibrant Children's and Youth Ministry.
Compensation: $13.00 per hour
Please email resume to Lora Ulrich, Director of Children’s Ministries, First United Methodist Church
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's PastorNew Hope
- Salem, Oregon
- October 17
Faith Formation CoordinatorTrinity Lutheran Church
- Kent, Ohio
- October 12
School of Ministry DirectorFirst Church of the Open Bible
- Des Moines, Iowa
- October 12
Youth Pastor - Texas (12116)The Shepherd's Staff
- South USA, Texas
- October 3
Teacher, Pastor, Missionary, StaffOlive International School
- August 23
First United Methodist Church of St. Petersburg
Our Mission: To make and send disciples of Jesus Christ into the world. Our Vision: Disciples of Jesus Christ, empowered by the Holy Spirit, transforming our world into a community of love, mercy and justice! More...