Willow Spring Church
Mission: To get to know Jesus Christ and represent Him in everything we do.
Vision: Working with God to build effective people who are inspired to excellence and committed to others.
Title: Pastor of Willow Spring Church
Description: The Pastor serves as the spiritual leader of Willow Spring Church. Under the authority of the Elder Board, overseeing the Pastoral Staff, Ministry Staff and all employees as well as the development, organization, and administration of the ministries
of this church.
The objective of this position: to provide opportunities for God’s people to grow in their spiritual life and to equip them for the work of ministry for the purpose of advancing the gospel and making disciples.
Ministry Emphases: Transformational preaching with application, fostering worship in spirit and in truth, teaching, counseling, praying for and consoling members of the fellowship, developing leadership, establishing vision, reaching the lost for Christ,
making disciples, and encouraging follow-through on fulfilling the mission and vision of WSC.
• Preach at Sunday morning worship services and other services.
• Serve with the Elder Board as the primary guardians of the truth as revealed in God’s Word (Titus 1:9).
• Provide and promote spiritual leadership and encouragement to the Elder Board, Ministry Staff, Ministry Leaders, and the fellowship.
• Coordinate with the Chairman of the Elder Board regarding items to be brought before the Elder Board for consideration and action, and serve as a voting member of the Elder Board.
• Administer the ordinances of baptism and the Lord’s supper, and officiate at weddings and funerals.
• Identify and develop leaders amongst the fellowship and equip them to carry out the work of ministry.
• Cast and implement a vision for WSC
• Continue to reevaluate WSC’s organization and policies to best achieve our goals.
• Supervise ministry staff and hold them accountable for their areas of responsibility.
• Be involved in and build bridges to the local community for the advancement of the gospel.
• Serve as an ex-officio member of all boards and ministry teams (except the Governing Board)
• Provide pastoral counseling as needed
• Coordinate with the ministerial staff to ensure that visitation of the sick and shut-ins is performed
• Provide mentoring for ministry interns
• Coordinate with the Chairman of the Elder Board regarding the agenda for meetings
• Perform other tasks as mutually agreed upon with the Elder Board.
Holds a bachelor's degree from a standard accredited college or university.
Has served as a Pastor at an evangelical church for a minimum of 5 years.
Meets the biblical qualifications for leadership (1 Tim. 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9; 1 Peter 5:1-4)
Holds a Master of Divinity degree (or equivalent) from a standard accredited theological seminary
and has experience and demonstrated abilities in the following areas:
• Expository, biblical preaching
• Vision and action planning for church growth
• Training and leadership development
• Counseling and reconciliation
• Mentoring and teaching
• Supervision and leadership of personnel
Willow Spring Church is located in Moraga, Ca. We are a Bible based church, governed by an Elder Board, and we are seeking a pastor to lead us into the next decade and beyond. The position is a full-time commitment, but we will also consider less than a
full-time position, depending upon the candidate. The pay and benefits will be competitive within the area. Housing is not provided, but the standard tax housing allowance for California is applied.
Please direct all inquires regarding this position to the following email address: