To assist in the creation and implementation of graphic arts used in a variety of mediums in the Media and Communications Ministry.
Media and Communication (Ministry Services)
Full-Time; Coordinator Band
Reports to Communications and Media Director
This artist needs a creative, imaginative aptitude and awareness of current trends in the visual arts, working knowledge of the latest software and hardware and an understanding of lead times and production capabilities, all of which can impact the end result.
This artist also needs to be a strong team player who takes direction well.
- Produce visual solutions to the communication needs with a mix of creative skills and processes.
- Provide visual solutions for worship, including News of the Family and Scripture slides, song slides, and other graphics needed for all worship services
- Provide graphic arts as displayed on monitors throughout the church building
- Provide graphic support for website
- Manage multi-tasking on several projects at the same time
- Communicate with interested parties of task progression
- Be able to take direction from the Media & Communications Director and work well in a team that includes copywriters, photographers, motion media specialists, and other designers
- Regularly attend worship services at Christ Church of Oak Brook
- Support and model individual spiritual formation i.e. Worship, Grow and Serve (weekly worship, prayer, scripture reading; small group, volunteering etc.).
- Identify, train and support volunteers of the church to assist with projects as needed.
- A desire to continuously learn and serve others
- Honest and trustworthy
- Integrity for work habits and results
- Ability to discern needs and respond appropriately, sensitively and proactively
- Appreciation for own and other’s giftedness
- Ongoing desire and effort to grow more Christ-like in character
- Able to keep confidentiality
- High degree of professionalism
- A team player who works well with others
- Good communication skills
- Excellent proofreading/editing skills
- Ability to work independently and finish work in a reasonable amount of time
- Strong attention to detail
- Willingness to provide assistance and support
- Organizational skills, particularly in a fast-paced environment
- Problem-solving skills
Additonal Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent from an accredited institution in a related field
- Expert use of Adobe Creative Suites design software
- Experience using ProPresenter software
- Experience in website graphics and photography
- Experience designing in four-color process for offset print press and relating these colors to web?
- Video editing with Final Cut Pro and After Effects a plus
LOCAL APPLICANTS ONLY PLEASE.
Please submit cover letter and resume to HR@CC-OB.ORG
Please be sure to include a link to your online portfolio when submitting your resume.
Due to the volume of inquiries and applications, we are not able to respond to every application or resume we receive. We will be in contact with you if we are interested in pursuing your application of employment. Thank you for your understanding.
Please, no phone calls.