PURPOSE The Video Production/Media Associate is one of several leaders of the First Evangelical Free Church, each of whom is in submission to Christ as Head of the Church. The purpose of the Video Production/Media Associate is to assist the Director of Media in enhancing the church’s ministries and worship experience through creative video and media. The job responsibilities for the Video Production/Media Associate are wide and varied and should be flexible as the needs of the church grow and change. The goal of the Video Production/Media Associate is to effectively communicate what God is doing through First Evangelical Free Church to make disciples of Jesus Christ, transformed and empowered by His Spirit, who live to transform their world.
Guiding Scripture for Ministry
Romans 12:4-6a Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so In Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given us.
- The Video Production/Media Associate shall have primary responsibility to:
- Oversee/manage all video and photographic communication, including but not limited to:
- Write, direct, film and produce content for communication venues (i.e., worship services, website, meetings, etc.)
- Seek out, capture and produce stories of what God is doing among His people at FEFC
- Capture footage and/or photographs of FEFC events
- Develop and implement a system (equipment, crew, workflow) for filming and posting sermons and other messages weekly on the website
- Maintain brand standards and guidelines for all media produced
- Serve individual ministries as a resident advisor/expert to achieve effective production/programming and to help create engaging environments that include media effectively
- Build, recruit, develop and supervise an effective team of volunteers to assist with video and photography efforts
- Stay current on new video and media technologies to evaluate their potential implementation and benefit for the church and inform leadership team of their potential use
- The Video Production/Media Associate shall also provide assistance, as needed, for media requests to the Media Department, including, but not limited to, bulletins, posters, web graphics, flyers, postcards, etc.
- The Video Production/Media Associate shall assist the Director of Media in the following areas:
- Set overall vision and philosophy of the Media Ministry
- Initiate and implement communication strategies.
- The Video Production/Media Associate shall have the following general church responsibilities
- Organize, publicize and coordinate special events, leadership development and classes, as requested
- Attend all church events, leadership training and team meetings
- Serve as Media liaison for various FEFC committees, as needed
- Manage, track and report ministry related data.
- The Video Production/Media Associate shall have other duties, as assigned by Director of Media.
The Video Production/Media Associate is directly accountable to the Director of Media. This accountability is maintained through personal contact and through weekly meetings. The Video production/Media Associate will be subject to a formal review on an annual basis after his/her first year of employment.
II. Staff Relationships
The Video Production/Media Associate shall work closely with the Communication/Media Associate and the Media Administrative Assistant. He/she shall also work closely with other members of the staff and shall work to maintain team camaraderie and mutual support.
III. Congregation Relationships
The Video Production/Media Associate shall work with the FEFC congregation in a positive, supportive, encouraging manner and report all suggestions and complaints to the Director of Media.
The Video Production/Media Associate shall have an enthusiasm for ministering to the church body and possess a servant’s heart. He/she shall have at least 3 years of experience in audio/video production, print media and internet media and at least 2 years of experience in a church or other ministry setting, either as a staff member or lay leader. The Video Production/Media Associate shall possess excellent inter-personal skills and shall have the ability to work on a team towards specific goals in a mutually edifying and supportive manner. He/she shall have a teachable and open attitude and shall be highly organized, able to work on multiple tasks, flexible, detail oriented, self-motivated and able to work with little supervision. He/she must demonstrate a love for the Lord and His people and have insight to recognize potential leadership for a growing ministry.
The Video Production/Media Associate must have a working knowledge of Adobe products for video and graphic production. He/she must also have a strong aptitude for computers, photography/video programs and equipment, including necessary software for production.
The Video Production/Media Associate shall demonstrate a commitment to and be in agreement with the Statement of Faith as stated in the Constitution of the First Evangelical Free Church of Austin and be a member of the church or willing to become a member.
The Communication/Media Associate must be able to:
- sit and type at a computer for extended periods of time
- lift 50 pounds
- travel/drive for extended periods.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church of Slidell
- Slidell, Louisiana
- December 2
Modern Service Worship Leader (231711)Private Profile
- USA South , Texas
- December 2
Worship PastorChurch of the Way
- Auburn, Georgia
- December 1
Tech DirectorCalvary Chapel Oceanside
- Oceanside, California
- December 1
Video Producer / CoordinatorCenterPoint Church
- Massapequa, New York
- November 30
First Evangelical Free Church
We are a church united in “One Voice” which is our purpose, principles, pathway and passion. Our basic DNA -- who we are -- is held within these unifying boundaries. Our One Voice gives us the parameters by which we are free to pursue God and His will at FEFC in both word and deed. Our Purpose We exist to glorify God by making disciples of Jesus Christ, transformed and empowered by His Spirit, who live to transform their world. Our Principles 1. God exalting and people pursuing 2. Bible focused and Spirit dependent 3. Gospel More...