King Street Church, located in Chambersburg, PA, is prayerfully seeking a
Senior Pastor to lead and serve with us as we pursue our mission of reaching people at their level of spiritual interest and leading them to become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ. We are a growing, evangelical church of more than 1,600 in
weekly worship, an extensive Sunday school and small group ministry, and a strong commitment to outreach and mission. Our new Senior Pastor will have ten years of pastoral ministry leadership and proven experience in leading churches of more than 500 people.
The primary roles of our new Senior Pastor will be:
- Preaching and Teaching: King Street Church is committed to the Word of God as the source from which God reveals his glory, his mission, and his plan of restoration in Christ. We desire a gifted communicator who is committed to careful preparation, exposition,
and application of Scripture in the preaching and teaching ministry of the church.
- Vision and Leadership: As a faithful part of God’s mission to carry the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the world, King Street Church desires a senior pastor who is committed to equipping our people for the work of ministry and who will cast a compelling vision
to accomplish Holy Spirit empowered work. This requires the gift of leadership.
- Shepherding: We desire a senior pastor who will faithfully serve alongside his fellow elders as an under-shepherd in the process of guiding the body of Christ unto holiness and faithfulness as the bride of Christ.
For a complete job description we encourage you to visit our church’s website at www.kingstreetchurch.com. King Street church affiliates with the United Brethren in Christ denomination (www.ub.org). To be considered, please forward to email@example.com
by 3/17/14 the following:
- resume and cover letter
- at least 3 sermons in DVD format or via an internet link
- The Minister’s Profile Form which you can find at www.ub.org. Search for “profile forms”; click on Profile Forms and complete the Minister’s Profile Form and attach to your resume. (We also have a link for the Minister’s Profile form on our webpage.)
SENIOR PASTOR JOB DESCRIPTION:
King Street Church Ministries Job Description
The Senior Pastor, as the Team Leader, will provide direction to the overall Ministry of the church toward meeting the vision and general purpose of the church, which is to “Reach people at their level of spiritual interest and lead them to become fully
devoted followers of Christ.”
- Facilitates the Elders in setting spiritual direction and shepherding the congregation.
- Casts and communicates a clear vision for the church with attainable objectives.
- Prepares and presents sermons for at least 75% of all worship services annually: creating Power Point; creating notes for group study; preparing the sermon schedule 3-6 months in advance.
- Oversees King Street’s relationship with the United Brethren in Christ denomination.
- Oversees the Executive Pastor who is the executive authority for day-to-day matters.
- Directly supervises Administrative Assistant; Communications Assistant; Counseling Director; Executive Pastor; Minister of Pastoral Care.
- Directs Core Ministry Team and supports other staff meetings.
- Establishes and presents the annual ministry emphasis in conjunction with the Elders.
- Oversees implementation of Core Values and objectives through Core Team and Commissions.
- Oversees mentoring, coaching, encouraging and the training of the Ministerial staff as well as current and potential key lay leaders.
- Oversees and participates with the pastoral staff in the services of: child dedication; believer’s baptism; communion; church partnership; pastoral care; counseling; funerals; weddings.
- Prepares and presents sermons for seasonal programs and special events as needed
- Provides written content for: newsletter, Worship folder, ministry guide, radio ads and website
- Presents monthly report at the Board of Administration meeting
- Presents monthly report at the Board of Elders meeting
- Organizes and leads the annual Nominating Committee process for elders and commission members
- Represents the church in local pastors groups and community organizations
- Encouraged to participate in short-term, cross cultural mission trips.
- Master of Divinity degree preferred
- Proven experience leading churches of 500+.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate concisely and clearly in written and verbal form.
- Ability to recruit, motivate and involve others in planning, decision-making and implementation.
- Primarily accountable to the Lord, ministering and leading with enthusiasm, to the Honor and Glory of God.
- Accountable to the denomination and the Board of Administration with spiritual support provided by the Board of Elders.
- Serves as a non-voting member of the Board of Administration.
- An annual evaluation will be held with the chairs of Personnel Relations, Elders, and Board.