Purpose: 1) To lead Faith Bible Church into corporate worship by instilling a biblical view of worship into our various ministries, by coordinating the Sunday morning worship services, and by coordinating our music ministries 2) To nurture within FBC members both personal and corporate worship 3) To provide pastoral care for adults 4) To equip volunteers to provide pastoral care
1. Lead worship in our Sunday AM services (others may lead in services as well).
2. Coordinate Sunday morning worship services.
· Design the services around the biblical theme for that morning.
· Oversee the audio/visual ministry.
· Provide pastoral direction to the ushering ministry.
· Oversee the Sunday morning music ministry.
· Oversee all aspects of the Sunday AM services except the teaching time.
3. Coordinate all music ministries within Faith Bible Church.
· Oversee the music ministries for children, students, and adults.
· Lead the worship fellowship (i.e., the team of people providing leadership for worship).
4. Develop/incorporate the non-musical worship arts into our ministry.
· Mentor aspiring participants in worship arts (including our youth).
· Develop a culture where the arts are appreciated as pointing worshipers to God.
5. Teach and practice a biblical view of worship.
· Provide training and team building for all in worship ministries (musical and technical).
· Provide biblical teaching on worship to the church family (formally and informally).
6. Provide pastoral care for our church family.
· Visit people in the hospital and shut-ins in their homes.
· Implement a volunteer care ministry.
· Oversee/direct FBC care and assimilation ministries (e.g., newcomers ministry, greeters, prayer, meals, visitor follow-up, Discovery Class)
· Serve as a pastoral representative with the deacons.
· Build relationships within the church family and with non-Christians.
· Assist in pastoral duties (e.g., weddings, and funerals) and worship services when necessary.
· Attend staff meetings, deacon meetings, elder meetings (as requested), and others needed to carry out his responsibilities.
· To maintain an average work week of approximately fifty hours (including all facets of ministry) and to communicate with the secretarial staff his whereabouts during office hours.
Reports to: The Pastor of Worship & Care is directly responsible and accountable to the Senior Pastor. He is to be responsible to the Senior Pastor for an annual evaluation of his ministry.
· Evidence of a personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ and a heart for ministry.
· Active leadership in church worship. Five years of vocational pastoral experience preferred.
· Demonstrated gifts/abilities in the areas of worship and caring ministry.
· Basic musical understanding and vocal proficiency
· A minimum of a Bachelor’s from a four year college/university. Seminary degree preferred.
· Demonstrates strengths in: interpersonal/people skills; leadership, management and administrative skills; communication skills (written and oral); problem-solving skills.
· Be in agreement with the doctrinal statement of Faith Bible Church and be willing to abide by the church’s by-laws and policies. Demonstrates spiritual leadership in his home.
Faith Bible Church is a nondenominational Bible Church in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Our average Sunday AM attendance (including children) is 600. We have four full-time pastors on staff and attempting to add a fifth. We have a half-time children's ministries director and three part-time support staff. Our mission statement is "Making disciples and equipping them to become fully devoted followers of Christ." The church was founded in 1962 and has had five senior pastors (all graduates of Dallas Theological Seminary). The current Senior Pastor, Steven Benton, has been at Faith Bible for 18 years. The previous Senior Pastor was at the church for 21 years. We are committed to teaching the Bible and sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ both here at home and throughout the world. We are an elder rule church. We have beautiful facilities with room to grow and very little financial debt.
Faith Bible Church Value Statements Regarding Worship
1. We believe that God is the source, inspiration, and object of our worship. Exodus 34:14; 2 Kings 17:35-39; 1 Chronicles 16:23-29; Ps. 29:1-2; Daniel 7:13-14; Colossians 3:12-17; 1 Peter 4:8-11.
2. We believe that worship is a lifestyle, a natural response of the believer to God, and a corporate responsibility of the church. Psalm 95:1-6; Psalm 100:1-2; Romans 12:1-2; 1 Corinthians 14:26; Ephesians 5:19-21; Colossians 3:12-17; and Hebrews 10:19-25.
3. The most important consideration of our corporate worship is that our songs, words and actions are God-honoring, edifying and Biblically accurate. Isaiah 29:13; Isaiah 56:6-7; John 4:19-24; Colossians 3:12-17; 1 Thessalonians 5:11-22.
4. We believe that our corporate worship should primarily be participatory in nature, rather than focused on ‘performance’ or ‘entertainment.’ Joshua 22:26-27; 2 Chronicles 29:27-31; Nehemiah 8:5-6; Psalms 95 and 96; Daniel 7:13-14; and 1 Corinthians 14:26.
5. We recognize that various styles are effective and useful in any group where various ages, backgrounds and cultures are represented. Therefore, we choose to embrace multiple styles in our corporate worship. We believe that honoring one’s brother/sister involves celebrating styles that may not be our own preference. 1 Corinthians 11:17-22; 1 Timothy 2:1-8; Romans 12:9-14; John 13:34-35; Romans 15:1-7; 1 Corinthians 1:10; Ephesians 5:19-21; Colossian 3:12-17; 1 Thessalonians 5:11-22; and 1 Peter 3:8.
· Our worship will be God-focused, rooted in Biblical truth, seeking to bring Him honor.
· Our corporate worship will be focused on participation and testimony, not performance or entertainment.
· We ask each person who attends Faith Bible Church to join us in promoting unity by accepting various styles and instrumentation which may not be their personal preference.
To nurture within Faith Bible Church members both personal and corporate worship that reflects the character of our value statements.
God is the source, inspiration and object of our worship. Worship is a lifestyle, a natural response of the believer to God, and a corporate responsibility of the church. In worship, our songs, words and actions must be God-honoring, edifying and Biblically accurate. The Faith Bible Church Worship ministry exists to provide encouragement for private worship and opportunities for corporate worship, along with training and resources to enhance both.
· To provide worship that is God-focused, Biblically accurate, God-honoring, and that reveals God in our lives.
· To create a worship atmosphere that is ‘participatory,’ not ‘performance’ in nature.
· To promote unity among the church family in all of these areas.
Objectives of the Worship Pastor
· To carefully craft worship services that allow us to respond to God’s revelation of Himself in Scripture.
· To support the Senior Pastor’s teaching through meaningful worship.
· To teach and model a lifestyle of powerful private worship.
· To create an atmosphere in which God is exalted and truth is learned, using different possible means.
· To seek out and utilize new songs, videos, dramas and other creative works which reveal the character and attributes of God to our worshipers.
· To provide gifted and called congregation members with opportunities to share their gifts with the church family.
· To provide training and team-building opportunities for Worship Team members (musical and technical).
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Worship Music ArtsIrvington Presbyterian Church
- Fremont, California
- December 9
Worship Pastor (Campus Ministry) - Part TimeJourney Church
- Denver, North Carolina
- December 9
PastorOne God Ministry
- Fairfax, Virginia
- December 8
Worship Arts DirectorArmitage Baptist Church
- Chicago, Illinois
- December 8
Worship PastorFellowship Bible Church
- Batesville, Arkansas
- December 8
Faith Bible Church
Faith Bible Church is a nondenominational Bible Church in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Our average Sunday AM attendance (including children) is 600. We have four full-time pastors on staff and attempting to add a fifth. We have a half-time children's ministries director and three part-time support staff. Our mission statement is "Making disciples and equipping them to become fully devoted followers of Christ." The church was founded in 1962 and has had five senior pastors (all graduates of Dallas Theological Seminary). The More...