Can you leap tall buildings in a single bound? If 'yes,' please read no further. You're Superman. Are you passionate about leading believers and non-believers, churched and unchurced, into a deeper relationship with God through engaging, contemporary, expressive
(but not the crazy kind) worship? Then you might be our guy.
Mt Vernon Church is an atypical church: a conservative (theologically) yet progressive (ministry style) church aimed at reaching people for Christ in Columbus, MS. It's a mixture of incredible local folks (sweet-tea-Deep-South) and worldwide travelers (Air
Force personnel from the nearby base). Our niche is young families, but we're multi-generational and intentional about reaching the churched and unchurched alike. In short, we're a Baptist church that doesn't feel 'Baptist.' Our pastor (Josh Daffern) is from
CA. That should explain a lot.
What are we looking for in a worship pastor?
- Someone who has a vibrant, growing relationship with Christ and will inspire others down the path of faith.
- Let's be honest. You've got to kill it on stage. This job isn't for the guy who's played twice in youth group and thinks he's the next Chris Tomlin. This is for someone who's experienced leading others and pursues the highest level of excellence. We'll
know it when we see it.
- Our church staff is amazing. They get after it. We work hard because we believe in what we're doing. If you're lazy, don't bother applying, but then again you probably haven't even read this far. We're looking for someone who works hard because he believes
in what he does.
- Creativity is a must. We're constantly looking to find creative ways to teach timeless truths. We would want you to have a large say in helping to craft a Sunday morning experience that will prove irresistible to the first-time guest walking in the door.
- You'll have a dedicated team of volunteers (band, tech etc.) ready to follow you. You'll need experience leading a team of volunteers (i.e. we don't pay a bunch of contract players).
What kind of worship style do we have? We're contemporary, the Hillsong/Passion/North Point variety. While we're not super expressive in worship (lifting hands, etc.), we're wanting to go in that direction. We have hundreds of dedicated believers who are
recovering Baptists and are still trying to figure out what it means to fully engage in worship. We want you to help us go to that next level.
If this atypical, slightly irreverant job description lit you up, send us a resume (email@example.com), along with some footage (or link) of you leading worship. God is doing incredible things at Mt Vernon, and we're looking for the right man to join