Cornerstone Christian Fellowship is a large bible-teaching church with two sites, the main location in Chandler, AZ and the multi-site location in San Tan Valley, AZ. Our mission is to Reach the Phoenix area for Christ and produce fully devoted followers
of Christ. Our vision is To "do" church in a way that reflects the community and offers real answers to life, while remaining true to God's Word. In 1995, Pastor Linn Winters and his wife Lisa came to Chandler with two other couples to plant a church with
three focus areas: Teach God’s Word in a way that is practicable and relevant, Worship authentically -- in a way that supersedes singing in church and becomes how we live our lives and to be a place where kids would want to come to church. Since 1995, the
church has grown into 6000 member and attenders each week. With dozens of ministries focusing on specific needs of both the community and the body of believers at Cornerstone, we continue seeking to follow in the footsteps of Christ.
The Single’s Pastor provides leadership and spiritual shepherding for Cornerstone’s ministry to young singles in Chandler and its surrounding communities. They will need to develop vision and infrastructure for this area that is in keeping with the ministry
strategies and philosophy of Cornerstone.
They should lead by example, and cultivate a positive spirit throughout the church family. They should represent Christ and His church well in the community at large. They should be a team player and follow the biblical model of sacrifice by being willing
to put the needs of others in front of their own. In all of their actions, they should be positive and supportive of the Core Values and the Vision of Cornerstone.
Lead Singles Ministry and Volunteers to make an impact
Program and Ministry Development / Coordination
- Build a team of volunteers to invest in the lives of young singles and lead the various singles ministries.
- Oversee a team of volunteers and develop model leaders within the ministry.
- Create an environment of strength, empowerment and impact. A main component of this position is creating an environment where young singles, ages 25-35, can come together as a community.
- Develop a strategy to reach and disciple singles in Chandler and the surrounding communities, this audience would include those who are single, divorced, never been married, as well as single parent.
- Develop and oversee both large group and small group settings for men and women as well as an annual calendar of events and activities that is congruent with the direction of the overall church and moves singles towards relationship and maturity in Christ
- Oversee Singles Ministry Program and Events.
Counseling – Provide pastoral care, counseling and support to Singles
Teaching – Serve as the primary teaching pastor for Singles Ministry
Role Model in Personal Life
- Model the qualifications of an elder (1 Tim 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9, 1 Peter 5:1-4).
- Model biblical community in his relationships (Matt 5:23-24, Matt 18:15-17, Eph 4:25-32).
- Model biblical family life before the body (Eph 5:22-6:4).
- Model biblical integrity in all things (1 Tim 6:11-12).
- Must have 5 years experience in fulltime ministry, at least 2 years in a church larger than 1500 members.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an area of concentration that has equipped them for vocational ministry
- Track record of leading a Ministry to Singles/Youth Ministry
- Must possess these key spiritual gifts: Leadership, Administration, Counseling and Teaching.
- Must align with the vision, values, and doctrinal statement of Cornerstone Christian Fellowship.
- Must be (or become) a member of Cornerstone Christian Fellowship who supports the vision and values.
Important skills/personal traits
- Able to efficiently multi-task, maintaining control over many projects simultaneously.
- Enjoys engaging with many different people to accomplish programs and objectives.
- Socially poised and confident, able to speak to large and small groups.
- Takes on challenges assignments and succeeds.
- Assertive and motivated for successful ministry.