Cornerstone Christian Fellowship is a large bible-teaching church with two sites, the main location in Chandler, AZ and the multi-site location in San Tan Valley, AZ. Our mission is to Reach the Phoenix area for Christ and produce fully devoted followers
of Christ. Our vision is To "do" church in a way that reflects the community and offers real answers to life, while remaining true to God's Word. In 1995, Pastor Linn Winters and his wife Lisa came to Chandler with two other couples to plant a church with
three focus areas: Teach God’s Word in a way that is practicable and relevant, Worship authentically -- in a way that supersedes singing in church and becomes how we live our lives and to be a place where kids would want to come to church. Since 1995, the
church has grown into 6000 member and attenders each week. With dozens of ministries focusing on specific needs of both the community and the body of believers at Cornerstone, we continue seeking to follow in the footsteps of Christ.
|General Position Description
The Pastor of Men’s Ministry provides leadership and spiritual leadership for Cornerstone’s ministry to men in Chandler and its surrounding communities. This person will take the current ministry and lead it into an environment of strength, empowerment
and impact, an environment where men stand strong together and are spiritual leaders in their home and community. He will strengthen the current vision and infrastructure for this area that is in keeping with the ministry strategies and philosophy of Cornerstone.
He will lead by example, and cultivate a positive spirit throughout the church family. He will represent Christ and His church well in the community at large. This person is driven toward solutions and enjoys bringing others on the journey with him.
Leading Men’s Ministry and Volunteers to make an impact
Program and Ministry Development / Coordination
- Oversee a team of volunteers and develop model leaders within the ministry.
- Create an environment of strength, empowerment and impact. A main component of this position is creating an environment where men stand strong together and are spiritual leaders in their home and community. An environment where men are challenged and desire
- Develop a strategy to reach and disciple men in Chandler and the surrounding communities, this audience would include those who are married, single, divorced, never been married, as well as single parent.
- Develop and oversee both large group and small group settings for men as well as an annual calendar of events and activities that is congruent with the direction of the overall church and moves singles towards relationship and maturity in Christ
- Oversee Men’s Ministry programs: MAN Church, MAN University, Basic Training, Game Plan, Men @ Work, Valiant MAN, Raising a Modern Day Knight, 33: The Series, MAN Camp, etc
Counseling – Provide pastoral care, counseling and support to men
Teaching – Serve as the primary teaching pastor for Men’s Ministry
Role Model in Personal Life
- Model the qualifications of an elder (1 Tim 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9, 1 Peter 5:1-4).
- Model biblical community in his relationships (Matt 5:23-24, Matt 18:15-17, Eph 4:25-32).
- Model biblical family life before the body (Eph 5:22-6:4).
- Model biblical integrity in all things (1 Tim 6:11-12).
- Must have 5 years experience in fulltime ministry, at least 2 years in a church larger than 1500 members.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an area of concentration that has equipped them for vocational ministry
- Track record of leading Men or Adult Ministries.
- Must possess these key spiritual gifts: Leadership, Administration, Counseling and Teaching.
- Must align with the vision, values, and doctrinal statement of Cornerstone Christian Fellowship.
- Must be a member of Cornerstone Christian Fellowship who supports the vision and values.
Important skills/personal traits
- Able to efficiently multi-task, maintaining control over many projects simultaneously.
- Socially poised and confident, able to speak to large and small groups.
- Cooperative team member who respects organizational policies and procedures.
- Takes on challenges assignments and succeeds.
- Assertive and motivated for successful ministry.
Please submit teaching video and any additional social media/website information to email@example.com