SMALL GROUPS PASTOR
We are looking for just the right “A” player with excellent organizational skills to fill a key pastoral position at ORBC! This individual MUST have a DISCIPLER's heart with an EQUIPPER's gifts and be a systems thinker.
- Are you passionate about raising up new leaders and volunteers, seeing people get connected in the church and challenging them to grow in their faith?
- Are you interested in expanding an already healthy Small Group ministry?
- Can you work with our team to increase the number of groups as well as the number of leaders that serve each series?
- Are you interested in helping a growing church continue to grow?
- Do you have a high view of ‘serving as part of discipleship’ and do you have a strong desire to reach unchurched families?
- Are you familiar with the Saddleback H.O.S.T. model of small groups?
ORBC is a Purpose Driven contemporary church with 2 campuses on the Eastern Shore. ORBC currently runs approximately 650 adults in weekly home-based small groups. Our passion is to connect EVERY attender into a small group. Our small groups are designed to be life on life and not ‘deep Bible studies.’ Small Group leaders facilitate discussion using canned materials often created by the ORBC teaching staff.
This is not a pastoral care position, but an equipping position designed to recruit and equip leaders.
- Leadership, growth and innovation of ORBC’s small groups ministry.
- Requires the ability to lead teams effectively and to raise up new leaders at a rapid rate. Also, organizational and administrative skills are a must.
- Must be extremely hard-working and have had leadership experience on a large or growing church staff.
- Other desired characteristics include strong interpersonal skills; growing leader; team builder; sense of humor; risk-taker.
- The ability to manage a large and growing Small Groups system
- A passion for the Bible and innovation
- An ability to teach, lead classes and lead meetings (volunteers/staff)
- A team player
- A positive attitude
- A commitment to The Purpose Driven Church Model
- A passion for discipleship and not letting anyone fall through the cracks
- A passion and drive for evangelism and reaching the unchurched
- A high commitment to the local church
- Must have 5 years’ experience in a growing church of 700 or more
So, do you have what it takes according to these qualifiers? Then we would like to talk with you......
- Submit your resumes accompanied with a COVER LETTER
- The cover letter should be personalized for this position and should answer the question, “Why you are interested in this position?”
- Only resumes accompanied with a proper COVER LETTER & meeting the above criteria will be considered
*Also – if you have a recent video of you teaching in front of a group (large or small) – please include that along with your resume and cover letter.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Senior Pastor (767612)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Southeast, Florida
- October 24
Community Life Director242 Community Church
- Ann Arbor, Michigan
- October 23
Life Group Pastor/DirectorChrist Community Church
- West Chester, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Groups PastorCornerstone Christian Fellowship
- Chandler, Arizona
- October 18
Pastor, Adult Groups - Reservoir CampusPinelake Church
- Brandon, Mississippi
- October 10