Imagining isn’t just our name. Imagining is what we do. Specifically, we are imagining what God could do, what a church could be, and who we could become. We exist because we believe every person needs a relationship with God, a church to call home,
and a new way to live. We are a wide-eyed group of solid believers who are bent on risking everything we’ve got to reach everyone we can. We specialize in reaching the tough ones who refuse to believe, the young ones who are walking away, the wounded ones
who aren’t coming back, and the religious ones who need a grace-based relationship with God through Christ. We intentionally create environments and design opportunities to make it easier for people to encounter THE living God in a loving church. But reaching
isn’t all we do. We are committed to making and maturing followers of Christ in every age and stage of life and faith.
We are Imagining Church. We are a two year old, fresh, authentic, worshiping church of about 350 people located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. We have our mission, values, and vision in place. God is working, people are responding, ministry is happening,
and we are growing. Imagining Church is different by design. We want to be out of the box, in the way, loud, known, and felt. We want to be culturally current, technologically sharp, and incredibly effective at seeing, inviting, reaching, loving, leading,
and impacting people for Christ.
If what you just read makes your heart beat faster and your palms get sweaty, you may be an Imaginer at heart. Want a job?
If you are married, younger than 40ish, have a degree from an accredited Bible College or Seminary with at least 3 years experience of full time ministry in a church, you may be the person we are praying God will bring as our first Associate Pastor.
- must engage the mission, values, and vision of Imagining Church to reach and lead people to develop their faith and walk with Christ through personal contact, building relationships, offering pastoral care, and fostering positive environments for worship,
growth, and out reach.
- should be culturally current, experienced with social media, open to change on every front, always prepared to do whatever it takes, and never cling to traditions or methods
- must have a very high view of Scripture and hold to a conservative evangelical theology. He must be highly competent and comfortable communicating truth to a very current culture of mixed ages and stages of faith and life.
- must be broad in his ability to relate to everyone at Imagining, but must be able to handle the Word practically and offer life-wisdom especially to young adults at all life-stages.
- must be a people-person, a great friend-type, a good listener, wise, available, able to teach, counsel, and serve as part of a team.
If this describes you, imperfectly, of course, but generally, please pray quickly and then send us your resume ASAP. We are trusting Christ to make a connection of the divine kind!
To get an even better feel for Imagining, take a look at imaginingchurch.com.
Still interested? Send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org