The Children’s Pastor is responsible for the development and implementation of the vision, strategy and tactical elements for all programs, activities and educational aspects related to Children’s Ministry at Journey Community Church.
COMPETENCIES & EXPECTATIONS:
- Passion for ministry to children and seeing both parents and children grow in their faith.
- Growing relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced by action, attitude, and behavior.
- Ability to fully embrace the vision, values, and statement of faith of Journey Community Church.
- Proven expertise in administration.
- Reliable, trustworthy, self-starter, and excellent at following through on details.
- Possess the ability to embrace innovation and creativity while adapting to growth and change.
- Possess the ability to use appropriate judgment, discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
- Proven leadership skills utilizing a cooperative, collaborative team leadership style.
- Possessing strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain healthy and motivating relationship with supervisors, coworkers, and volunteers.
- Possess the ability to understand and to keep current on issues related to safety and security resulting in the implementation of associated activities and safeguards.
- Proven ability to achieve results in a multi-site church structure.
CORE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To provide leadership to the Children’s Ministries (CM) volunteer team
- Helps to develop and implement the vision for children’s ministries in collaboration with the Directional Leadership Team.
- Provides strategic leadership and planning initiatives for CM staff and volunteers.
- Sets direction and trains CM staff and volunteers.
- Offers pastoral care and encouragement of CM staff and volunteers.
- Develops processes necessary for effective CM operations (e.g.: check-in).
- Oversee the implementation of CM curriculum.
- Develop communication plans to keep staff, volunteers and parents informed.
- Responsible for all staffing of CM (including training).
- Manage communications between ministries that interact with CM.
- Develop and implement all safety and security processes for CM.
- Coordinate family events for CM parents and families.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree required in educational or children’s areas
- Five years commensurate experience in volunteer or vocational leadership (bachelor degree in education will count towards two years of experience due to formal training involvement)