Director of Children’s Ministries
Chapel Pointe - 3350 Baldwin St, Hudsonville, MI 49426
Reports To: Senior Pastor
Department: Children’s Ministries
Status and Duration: Part-time, 25 hrs per week Start Date: Immediate
Summary: The Director of Children’s Ministries will lead an established program to new heights, reflected by growing faith, increasing demonstrable biblical knowledge and deepening spiritual sensitivity and maturity in children from birth
through 5th grade.
- Develop volunteer base into a deeply committed and enthusiastic group
- Leads volunteers to pour out spiritual truth into the lives of children
- Creates and nourishes an environment where children are encouraged and able to transform their centers of influence for Christ
- Oversees all programming and ministry for children ages birth through 5th grade including Sunday mornings, AWANA, summer programming, special events, etc.
- Communicate vision, mission and direction for children’s ministries
- PreZone, TotZone, KidZone – provide strategic and hands-on leadership for weekend elementary ministries
- Select, prepare and disseminate curriculum
- Create environments, activities and programming that will facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth
- Recruit, train, schedule and lead teams of volunteers
- Other responsibilities and functions as requested by the Senior Pastor
- Education - Bachelor’s degree, preferably in education, biblical studies, or equivalent appropriate field of study strongly preferred with a strong affinity for children’s ministries.
- Leadership - Effective leader and self-driven motivator to build a solid volunteer team.
- Team Player - Must display the ability to be a team player yet have the self-drive and motivation to work independently with minimal supervision. Must be teachable and display a servant can-do attitude.
- Communication Skills – A pleasant and helpful demeanor, as well as the ability to clearly communicate to volunteers and children in a manner that is engaging, courteous and professional.
- Acknowledge Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior and demonstrate personal maturity and godliness, growing in conformity to the image of Christ.
- A fully supportive member and promoter of the vision statement, statement of faith, and core values of Chapel Pointe.
Please email email@example.com with your
resume and a cover letter (including salary history and requirements) indicating why you feel you are qualified and have an interest in this important
leadership position. Thank you.