9:00 a.m. Contemporary Worship Band Leader
1. Demonstrate a heart and a passion for Christ and his Kingdom through personal spiritual discipline and public ministry.
2. Seek to grow in that relationship with Christ through personal spiritual discipline, education, accountability and service to His Kingdom.
1. Experience: At least 5 years of leading a congregation in public worship, with a commitment of seeking to grow in that area
2. Musical skills: Ability to lead worship while playing guitar or keyboard, have a working knowledge of sound systems
3. Education: College and music education
4. Can lead a band and singers; Have an experienced understanding of the flow of worship in a service.
1. Work with the Pastor to create a 9:00 a.m. worship service.
2. To oversee and coordinate all musical aspects of the worship service.
a. Lead praise band, singers, and congregation in worship at weekly Sunday morning worship
b. Any necessary rehearsals; a weekly evening rehearsal and Sunday morning warm-up/review which should be completed before 8:50 am.
c. Learn the PowerPoint presentation software and insert the lyrics in the proper order for congregational participation.
3. As a member of the Worship Team, work to create schedules for Worship teams (vocalists, and pianist’s instrumentalists) and/or volunteer leaders.
4. Recruit new vocalists and instrumentalists as needed, be willing to work with youth if they are so inclined. Periodically review all church owned instruments to make sure that they are in good working order. If anything needs repaired
5. Any additional duties as agreed upon by the Band Leader, Pastor and Worship Team.
1. The duties of the Band Leader (BL) fall under the responsibility of the Worship Committee.
2. The Committee will give the BL an annual evaluation each year
3. Arranging for Substitutes:
a. One Sunday Vacation, one Sunday sick leave: b. Other Unpaid Sundays Off: Any additional Sundays off must be agreed upon between the BL and the Worship Team, and they will be unpaid.
c. If any emergency arises requiring time off, please also inform either the Pastor or, if he is not available, the Worship Team Chairperson.
4. If there any issues or concerns that the WL may have, the WL should see the Pastor and/or the Worship Committee Chairperson for reconciliation of those items.
5. It is possible that this position may change or evolve as time moves on. The Worship Team asks for cooperation as we strive to make our worship services more meaningful and inclusive of all congregants.
6. Hours: We expect this position to be but not restricted to, a 5-10 hour/week commitment for preparation, NOT INCLUDING rehearsal and service times.
7. Compensation: Based on experience: The annual compensation is salaried and not based on hourly work.
The Top Strategic Goals for this Position:
1. plan worship services for 2-6 weeks in advance.
2. determine a number of ways to “open the doors” for greater recruitment.
3. lead a weekly night practice time for the worship teams, including times of prayer together.
4. cultivate greater community in the worship personnel.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship & Music DirectorEast Fairview Church of the Brethren
- Manheim, Pennsylvania
- January 23
Creative Arts ResidentNorth Church
- Spokane, Washington
- January 23
Director of Contemporary WorshipCenterville Community Church
- Centerville, Ohio
- January 23
Piano Accompanist/Music & Worship AssociateBerea First Baptist Church
- Greenville, South Carolina
- January 23
Director of Music/Musician (Youth & Young Adults)Private Profile
- Houston, Texas
- January 20
Resurrection Lutheran Church
Here people discover God's grace, know the joy of His acceptance and experience the peace of His forgiveness. Together, we grow in our trust in Jesus Christ as Savior, Lord, and friend. Together, we offer the Good News of God's love to the world in which we live. More...