Make and mature disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world by planning, overseeing, and coordinating the total music ministry program of MZUMC in order to provide inspirational worship for all members of the congregation and developing
and providing opportunities for congregation members to participate in the music ministry.
- Carry out the music objectives and policy of the church as established by the Senior Pastor and Staff Parish Liaison
- Coordinate the total church music ministry program
- Be responsible for providing music during worship services and other special services as scheduled
- Lead, direct, and develop praise band and adult choir for both Sunday services.
- Coordinate and schedule Bell Choir with Bell Choir Director
- Plan and coordinate Special Music Programs - Easter, Christmas,
- Develop, lead and direct children’s and youth choirs providing regular participation in Sunday worship services.
- Coordinate music for Vacation Bible School
- Coordinate sound & screen systems(audio, video, Powerpoint) and support teams
- Select and purchase music for all choirs and groups
- Supervise and work with the church music staff
- Coordinate and develop Children & Youth music programs
- Maintain the church music library
- Maintain instruments, sound and screen equipment, and music rooms
- Demonstrate stewardship by minimizing expenses for musical equipment, musicians and other performers.
- Provide budgetary needs to finance committee and account for expenses .
Reports to and is supervised by the Senior Pastor
Works with and supports other staff positions in mutual support of all ministries
Supervises all Music personnel paid and unpaid
Works with the Staff Parish Relations Committee (via Liaison)and Senior Pastor in annual goal setting and goal completion
Contributes in all weekly staff meetings
Develops annual music and worship plan in conjunction with senior pastor
Maintain own spiritual life through worship, personal prayer, and study time
Develop Annual Music and Music Library Budget
Previous experience as a music Director preferred
Three references required
Position is part time (approximately 20-24 hours weekly)
Cash salary twice monthly, annual salary $20,000
For information on our church go to : www.mzumc.org