450 W. Alex-Bell Road
Dayton, OH 45459
POSITION TITLE: Director of Contemporary Worship
The Director of Contemporary Worship is responsible for leading worship and coordinating the worship for the contemporary worship environment at 11:00 am. This position reports to Pastor of Church Ministries.
HOURS: Part-Time/ Stipend Pay.
- Weekly creating, leading, and continually improving a cutting edge contemporary worship experience
- Implement creative elements while working alongside the teaching pastors in a team centered approach to developing weekly services
- Partner with Senior Pastor & Pastor of Church Ministries to create and develop the overall stage set look, theme, media, video, and visuals within the contemporary environment.
- Partner with Senior Pastor & Pastor of Church Ministries overseeing the production process and elements of the contemporary service
- Work with Pastor of Church Ministries to schedule volunteer teams in advance and be detail oriented with volunteers
- Remain current on worship trends, introducing new songs regularly.
- Be someone that is constantly growing and learning from other contemporary worship artists
- Plan weekly worship sets for the 10:15 am Contemporary service.
- Coordinate band members and conduct weekly worship practices along with band scheduling.
- Provide resources as needed such as: sheet music, audio mp3 music; coordinate with tech/audio visual the weekly songs for screen and any other media needed.
- Encourage active participation at Normandy and to be sure the group is following the Mission & Vision of Normandy UMC.
- Provide basic information pertaining to contemporary worship for the bulletin, church newsletter, volunteers, church staff, community, and social media as needed.
- A person with a passionate relationship with Jesus
- A gifted musician and vocalist
- A self-motivator with a servants heart
- Creative and cutting edge
- Ability to create a worship experience that gives an opportunity to people to connect with God in a real way
- Able to relate well with volunteer musicians
- Ability to lead and mentor volunteer musicians
- Organizational and team building skills with a strong ability to recruit and develop leaders.
A TEAMWORK style of ministry is vitally important to the success of leading at Normandy UMC. A team player will enthusiastically participate in cooperative planning and implementation of the Contemporary service. We also highly value keeping our eyes on
the mission each week of creating an environment where people can connect with Jesus and we can remind them often how much Jesus loves them.
PLEASE SEND YOUR RESUME, BIO, AND VOCAL AUDIO/ VIDEO TO KEDRICK HIRSCHY AT email@example.com or call at 937-522-5498.