Purpose: To provide professional leadership and direction for Worship through the expression of music and worship arts (drama, technology, sounds, youth music ministries, children’s music ministries, and drama) for Highlands Church.
Accountability: The Director of Worship Arts is accountable to the Steering Team through the Head of Staff.
- Direct and coordinate all music ministries at Highlands Church. This will include (but is not limited to) Sunday morning worship and may include evening worship services.
- Direct and coordinate music and worship arts for special ministries.
- To see the direction of music as ministry. This will include providing pastoral guidance for all members of the band and their families, as well as special performance vocalists and artists who perform.
- To view the roll of DWA as a pastoral function in the congregation. While this position is not recognized as being “ordained” in the PC (USA) tradition, special focus will be given to prayers given in the context of music as well as the pastoral roll of
regular interaction with the congregation.
- To help the congregation develop a healthy theology of worship and musical expression towards and for God.
- To help the band and other musicians remain in touch with the latest trends and ideas in the area of Worship Arts and Music.
- To assist in the production of graphics and videos as needed for the weekend services.
- To serve as a resource and support person for all church outreach events.
- To help establish long-range goals for the music ministries at Highlands Church.
- To meet with Head of Staff on a weekly basis and attend all staff meetings and functions.
- Attend church on Sunday mornings on a regular basis (only being absent the number of Sundays equal to the number of vacation weeks you have accrued annually unless preapproved by HOS).
- Perform other duties as directed by the Head of Staff.
Other General Expectations Include:
- Should always exhibit professionalism, demonstrated by: a well-groomed appearance, conscientious work ethic and respectful behavior.
- Be willing and able to work at a fast pace within a variety of settings and circumstances, with composure and flexibility.
- Should be ever conscious of the need for confidentiality.
- Should exercise discernment and wise judgment.
- Should be a person who gives extreme attention to details with an eye for excellence.
- Should be self-starter, good at multi-tasking and prioritizing projects in a limited time frame.
- Maintain personal spiritual development through Bible reading, prayer and Christian community.
- Embrace and adapt to growth, change, innovation and creativity.
Please send resume, audio and/or video links to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position is full time.
Salary will be based on experience.
Position includes benefit package.