The Staff Accountant reports to the CFO. The Staff Accountant’s primary responsibilities include processing and posting vendor invoices and payments using the accounts payable system, posting receipts to the appropriate general ledger accounts and reconciling
various general ledger accounts. The Staff Accountant also assists the CFO with the monthly accounting closing process and other assigned financial analysis. This position will require ability to exercise independent judgment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Must be driven by the vision God has given LifePoint Church
2. Work assignments must be accurate, verifiable and supported with schedules where appropriate.
3. Must be dependable and able to prioritize tasks to complete projects by due dates.
4. Ability to independently evaluate and streamline accounting processes when appropriate.
5. Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
6. Ability to work cooperatively as a team member to accomplish assigned tasks to achieve intended results.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance (preferred)
2. At least two years of accounting experience preferably in a non-profit assisting with monthly general ledger account reconciliations and month-end closing processes.
3. Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel required.
4. Experience with computerized accounting systems preferably in a nonprofit general ledger accounting environment where the general ledger accounting system interfaces with other accounts payable, bank reconciliation, budget and import/export modules.