This role is for someone called to ministry with children, who loves Jesus, is creative, knows how to play, is an organized administrator, passionate and wise.
Part-Time Children’s Ministry Center Staff and Volunteers as assigned
Experience working in a church children’s or family ministry program in a supervisory or leadership role; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities as shown below.
• Personal Qualifications:
o A Christian of good reputation and credibility who professes Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
o Trustworthy with a commitment to personal spiritual growth and a healthy lifestyle
o Considers this position to be Ministry
o Able to express details of basic Christian doctrine
o Experienced in relating well to various ages and groups of people
o Proven ability to organize and administrate
o Is self-directed and can work independently when required
o Member of a team oriented staff, in a church or ministry environment.
o Proven ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
o Three or more years’ experience in a Church or Ministry where Children’s or Family Programs were or are their primary focus.
o Ability to work and supervise in an environment where there is a blend of Staff and Volunteers
o Proven track record in recruiting volunteers in a Church or Ministry
o Strong abilities to Equip, Motivate, and Encourage Staff and Volunteers
o Positive supervisory-developmental skills and proven leadership ability
o Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
o Friendly and polite with good phone techniques.
o Relates well to other people, committed team player.
o Able to handle appropriate items and tasks with confidentiality
o Scheduling –
• Coordinating CM Volunteers/Staff:
• Maintaining & managing weekly/monthly volunteer staff schedule for: Teachers, Aides, Sound, Worship, Hall Monitors, etc.
• Weekly email and/or phone communication with scheduled Volunteers and Staff
• Leading CMC Ministry One Sunday a Month:
• Teaching and Overseeing
o Recruitment of New Volunteers:
• Organizing and Holding Training Sessions
• Composing Emails, WEB Pages, Social Media Connection Points to raise awareness and recruit Volunteers
• Process Paperwork in support of this function:
• Ministry Applications
• Background Checks
o Planning Monthly/Quarterly Volunteer appreciation gifts and events
o Ministry Assistance to Children’s Minister:
• Assist Children’s Minister in coordinating all functions of the Sunday sessions
• Assist in supporting Children’s Minister and making sure children are connected and being ministered to
• Provide support and leadership in the area of curriculum management
• Process Ministry Administrative paperwork (Vouchers, Reimbursement Requests, etc.)
o Ordering and Stocking of CMC Supplies
• Kitchen, Office, Ministry, etc.
o Maintaining CMC Building usage schedule
o Special Event and Outreach Planning
o Assist with VBS & Christmas Play Events
o Respond to Ministry inquires by Phone and Email
o Perform other necessary and related work as the Ministry grows or as may be assigned.
• Pleasant, professional environment.
• Regular and ongoing interaction with Pastoral Staff, Ministry Leaders, Congregants and Visitors.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: 50% of time spent sitting at desk (includes using a computer and telephone), 50% of time standing and walking.
HOURS: 26 Hours per week. Applicant must be flexible in work days and hours as they may change as needed. Work days may include Saturday and/or Sunday.
TO APPLY: Submit letter of interest with resume attached to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's Ministry Director (171702)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Midwest , Wisconsin
- October 26
Children's Pastor (232310)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Southeast, Georgia
- October 26
Finance ManagerNew Life Community Church
- Peoria, Arizona
- October 25
Congregational Life & Outreach PastorSprings Community Church
- Colorado Springs, Colorado
- October 25
Senior Pastor (767612)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Southeast, Florida
- October 24
Pillar of Fire
Zarephath Christian Church a ministry of Pillar of Fire Director of Outreach and Missions Postion Zarephath Christian Church is a church that is located in suburban central New Jersey. We are a ministry of the Pillar of Fire with outreach through Local and International missions, including a contemporary Christian radio station that serves the NY/NJ metropolitan area. At ZCC it’s all about Jesus, where our vision is to: Love by leading children, youth and adults into a deeper love of God through vibrant worship, prayer and a More...