Supervised by: Senior Pastor
The individual in this role will serve to help build and maintain the atmosphere of liberated praise and worship of the Right Direction Church International (a large predominately African-American non-denominational Church) through music and the arts. The incumbent is responsible for training, directing and managing members of the music department to include various choirs, praise and worship team, and band at the local church while overseeing the praise and worship portion of services, including musical selection and special arrangements. The Director of Music collaborates with the various campus music directors to ensure consistent quality and theology across all of our locations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee leading worship for weekend and midweek services (includes leading worship and developing other worship leaders).
- Recruit, equip, motivate, supervise and shepherd music team leaders and musicians.
- Build, direct, and coordinate the Band and Sound Team. This includes spiritual development and musical development.
- Shepherd volunteers serving the music ministry and band.
- Develop musical teams and ensembles for services.
- Select songs and arrangements for weekend and midweek services (also to include conferences and special services).
- Participate in all staff and planning meetings.
- Collaborate with other leaders to carry out the overall vision of corporate worship.
- Lead worship for special events (Conferences, Good Friday, weekday events, etc.).
- Participate in songwriting, arranging, and recording.
- Follow and support the leadership of the Lead Pastor with loyalty and respect to him at all times.
- Serve as leader for setup and take down during special services/conferences that are held off-site.
- Oversee a board of Music Directors from the various Right Direction Campuses on a monthly basis.
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- Be a born again spirit-filled Christian.
- Become a member of Right Direction Church International.
- Ability to shepherd volunteer musicians in the Christian life.
- Attested musical skills and competence.
- Ability to organize, coordinate, and motivate musicians and technical team members.
- Proven success at multi-tasking, time management, and prioritizing.
- Ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality and trust regarding leader and member information.
- Strong team player with the rest of the staff and congregation.
- Committed to the church's vision, leadership, and people.
- Dependable, responsible, self-motivated and creative.
- Bachelor’s degree in Music or Theology (Masters preferred) or minimum five year experience in church large church setting.
- Ability in wide range of styles but with a strong focus on contemporary music.
- Ability to lead worship and to train others as individual and team worship leaders.
- Professional quality keyboardist (preferred).
- Composing, arranging, writing, and sequencing music.
- Producing and directing special events, musicals and programs.
- Experience with technical aspects of contemporary services: for example, sound boards, theater lights --a plus.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship Pastor (Campus Ministry) - Part TimeJourney Church
- Denver, North Carolina
- December 9
PastorOne God Ministry
- Fairfax, Virginia
- December 8
Music DirectorRural Shade Baptist Church
- Cleveland, Texas
- December 8
Worship Arts DirectorArmitage Baptist Church
- Chicago, Illinois
- December 8
Worship PastorFellowship Bible Church
- Batesville, Arkansas
- December 8
Right Direction Church Int'l
Right Direction Church International is a dynamic church located in Columbia, SC, Orangeburg, SC, and Florence, SC but it’s reach is worldwide. Right Direction strives to be the diverse, loving church unleashing the potential of who you are in Christ through practical biblical teaching, empowering the world to walk in freedom and whole life prosperity. Lead by Drs. Herbert and Marcia Bailey, Senior Pastors, Right Direction has a mission to empower people to live successful lives through the teaching of faith principles that transform t More...