North Pointe Community Church
2224 Fletcher Ave, Lincoln, NE 68521
Phone - (402) 467-1515
E-mail - email@example.com
North Pointe Community Church is in its 8th year with a healthy core of approximately 500+ people representing a widespread demographic of ages & socioeconomic status on the north side of Lincoln. We are a daughter church of Lincoln Berean, a megachurch on the south side of Lincoln that had a vision to better reach the north side of the city by establishing a church in that area. We value biblical preaching with an emphasis on applying the Word to our daily lives. We have contemporary worship with a desire to regularly & sincerely worship God corporately. We have a growing Sunday morning children's ministry with an emphasis on teaching children about a love relationship with God & a thriving student ministry with a strong core of volunteer leaders. We value spiritual community in our congregation & to connect our community with Christ.
- I. TITLE: Student Pastor
- II. PURPOSE: To guide students (grades 6 through 12) to a fresh experience in Christ.
- III. STRUCTURE:
- Reports to the Community Pastor.
- Is on the Church Board.
- Works with the ministry staff and attends regular staff meetings.
- IV. THREE RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) STUDENT AND FAMILY LIFE (70%)
- Lead the overall student ministry (6-12 grades).
- Prepare and lead serving and mission trips, summer camp, retreats and other trips.
- Maintain healthy communication with parents and families.
- Develop and train student leaders within middle and high school ministries
- Meet with students after school, at sporting events, or wherever you can build relationships.
- Recruit, train and develop quality adult leaders to facilitate and lead parts of each ministry.
2) CHURCH COMMUNITY EVENTS (20%)
Work in conjunction with the Community Pastor and Lead Pastor to:
- Network with community organizations to provide a bridge between the church and the community at-large
- Provide environments and initiatives in which the church body can outreach to and with the community, city and world.
- Connecting events during the year for the church body to grow in unity and purpose
3) BUILDING (10%)
- Assist with the Pastoral staff and volunteers to maintain the building as needed
- V. QUALIFICATIONS:
- An intimate personal walk with Jesus Christ.
- The Student Pastor should be able to demonstrate that he serves the Lord out of calling, not simply as a job.
- An ability to connect and spiritually challenge students effectively.
- As a man gifted in leadership, he must demonstrate abilities to lead and organize the overall student ministry.
- A commitment to working as a team with the other pastors on staff.
SALARY AND BENEFITS PACKAGE
- Salary is $30,000 - 39,000 per year (based on experience) plus the following benefits:
- This position is a full time salaried and licensed Pastor job. Therefore, the employee is eligible for a Housing allowance, or “rental allowance”. Typically, this allowance would be in the $20,000 range, at this salary level, and this amount is not taxable.
- The church pays 100% of the “Health Insurance” premiums for the employee and his family. This benefit for a young family of 4 last year amounted to about $8,700 per year.
- Retirement: The church will pay the normal 7.65% “Employer Social Security” tax to “Uncle Sam”; however, if you choose to be “income tax exempt”, which Pastors are allowed to request, the church will contribute this same 7.65% amount into a retirement account. Our account is managed by "Clergy Financial Inc. in Loveland, CO. Since social security payments are not paid for tax-exempt pastors, in place of this .0765% amount, the NPCC pays .0765% of salary into a 403B retirement account, each pay period, for 0-5 years service in a Berean church. For 6-10 years, the amount is .0965%. It increases every 5 years until 20 years of service. Year one amounts to $2,984.
- "The Lincoln National Life Insurance Company" is our benefit insurance provider and covers the following 4 areas; and, the premiums are paid by the church for the pastor.
- Pastor’s Life Insurance policy of $50,000 is provided.
- Spouse Life Insurance coverage of $5,000 and children coverage of $2,000 each over 6 months of age is also provided.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (ADD) (24 hours/day). Benefit is $50,000.
- Long Term Disability (LTD) covers about 70% of salary provided after 90 days).
- The above 4 items, paid by the church, amounts to about $1,035 per year.
- In addition to the above Life Insurance, the Berean Fellowship of Churches (BFC) provides a $20,000 Life Insurance policyfor every pastor at no cost. Pastors also have the option to buy dependent coverage of $10,000 on their spouse and $2,000 coverage for each child over 6 months. An example of the low rate is that a spouse is covered for an entire year for about $40.
- Total Salary & Benefit Package totals appox. $42,719 - $51,719; and, is broken down as follows;
- Salary ($30,000 - 39,000); Health Insurance ($8,700); Retirement Fund ($2,984); Disability and Long Term Disability ($1,035) adds up to a total of appox. $42,719 - $51,719.
- Vacation: 2 weeks per year beginning immediately. The time table for taking vacation is worked out among the pastors and has great flexibility
- Sick leave and Bereavement leave: On "as needed" basis
- Starting Date TBA
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Student Ministry PastorHighlands Church
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- October 25
Student Ministries DirectorDayspring Church
- Auburn, Indiana
- October 25
Pastor of Worship and Student MinistriesBrenham Bible Church
- Brenham, Texas
- October 25
Youth PastorONEeighty Church
- Springville, Alabama
- October 25
Senior Pastor (767612)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Southeast, Florida
- October 24