The Choir Director will oversee the Celebration Choir of Essex Alliance Church and will report to the Worship & Arts Pastor, Ron Myers. The primary objective is to create an atmosphere conducive to worship, leading and directing the members of the choir. The position will include leading the rehearsal times with the choir, working with Pastor Ron and the other members of the W&A leadership team, providing support for vocalists as needed, and generally being a support to the overall worship ministry of the church. Our choir is a worship-leading choir, assisting in leading congregational worship as they sing, along with singing “specials” that are worship oriented – not performance oriented. The choir usually sings twice a month on Sundays (during all four services) -from September through Easter, and takes a pivotal role in our Christmas Spectacular shows each year. The position is part-time in responsibility and yet, will at times feel very full-time.
* Must be a follower of Jesus Christ, exhibiting a growing relationship and spiritual maturity
* Be a team player, yet a gifted leader
* An eye and an ear for detail
* Not willing to cut corners
* Minimum 3-5 years of experience working in a growing, successful, active church
* Experience leading and directing choir, vocal ensembles and soloists
* Strong vocal abilities as worship leader and/or soloist
* Strong keyboard skills preferred
* Strong team building and leadership skills
* Strong communications skills: written, verbal, and interpersonal
* Dependable, self-motivated and comfortable taking initiative
* Strong work ethic with ability to balance needs of family and home
* 15-20 hours per week with some flexibility from week to week. The choir meets from Sept. thru Easter. More time will be required approaching Christmas (late Oct. thru early Dec.) and just prior to Easter. After Easter, time is sporadic until we start planning our Christmas show.
* Rehearsals are on Wed. evenings, 7-9 pm. (Plan on roughly 6-9:30)
* Sundays – 6:45am till about 12:30pm. However, the choir does not sing every Sunday.
* Planning and preparation – selecting music, rehearsing (personally), planning rehearsal time, etc.
* Monthly worship team rehearsal – usually the 2nd Monday evening of the month. 7-9pm
Critical values of Essex Alliance Church:
* A passion for God
* Servant leadership
* High standard of excellence
* Maintaining relationships of integrity
* EAC motto: “Making friends out of strangers”
* W&A motto: “Worshippers leading others to connect with God”
EAC web site: http://www.essexalliance.org
A quick look at Essex Alliance Church:
* Part of the Christian and Missionary Alliance, current average weekly attendance :1700
* Located in Essex Junction, VT, just a few miles from Burlington
* Currently 4 services on Sunday mornings.
* We also incorporate a video cafe venue for three of the Sunday services (audio and video piped into an adjoining room from sanctuary)
* Making plans to relocate to a new site; will be building a brand-new state of the art facility, with a sanctuary of about 1200 seats.
* Lead pastor, Scott Slocum - 27 years; W&A pastor, Ron Myers - 13 years.
* Great, loving, hard-working people. Picture perfect summers. Cold snowy winters.
We are looking for a skilled professional. One who has the skills to get the job done with passion and excellence. One who will help us raise the bar, get to the next level, and stay on top of our game. Yet we need to do that with volunteers - people who are committed to using their skills and abilities for the Lord. The Worship & Arts pastor sees himself as the pastor to the musicians of the church. The Choir Director could ultimately become a pastor-like figure to the members of the choir, leading them, teaching them along the way to be their best - to worship and sing with purpose and passion as unto the Lord. If you would like to help us make that happen, we would like to talk with you.
Please send resumé and letter of interest, and include video clips of you leading a choir and/or leading worship to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Worship Music ArtsIrvington Presbyterian Church
- Fremont, California
- December 9
Worship Pastor (Campus Ministry) - Part TimeJourney Church
- Denver, North Carolina
- December 9
PastorOne God Ministry
- Fairfax, Virginia
- December 8
Music DirectorRural Shade Baptist Church
- Cleveland, Texas
- December 8
Worship Arts DirectorArmitage Baptist Church
- Chicago, Illinois
- December 8
Essex Alliance Church
We are passionate about reaching out to people, especially those people who are anti-church and anti-Christian. And we are passionate about demonstrating how the church and Christianity are relevant for life today!More...