Community Christian Church of NYC Ministry Description - Worship Leader, Part-Time
Community Christian Church (CCC) is looking for a part-time worship leader who is enthusiastic and passionate about leading the worship ministry and seeks to create an inspiring worship experience. CCC is looking for a mature, committed Christian with good
people skills that is a teammate as well as a leader. Strong vocal and guitar skills are expected in addition to the ability to guide a worship team.
Specifically, the worship leader will:
1. Become an active member of and participant in CCC by: a. Placing their membership with CCC by the end of the three-month trial period. b. Developing relationships with members of CCC including those not on the worship team. c. Participating in classes
and small groups as time allows.
2. Lead and direct an all volunteer, contemporary worship team consisting of instrumentalists and vocalists by: a. Recruit, train, schedule, and lead a worship team working with people of varying levels to utilize their gifts and abilities. b. Choose the
worship set for Sunday and post it no later than Tuesday. c. Post/provide the band and vocal team with lyrics, chord charts, and lead sheets as needed. (We use CCLI Song Select and Planning Center Online.) d. Leading a rehearsal each Sunday morning prior to
the service and one additional rehearsal at another time each month.
3. Work with the audio engineer to produce the best sound possible.
4. Work with the visual engineer to ensure accurate projection of lyrics and lyric and song sequences. We currently use EasyWorship and PowerPoint.
5. Communicate regularly and meet as needed with the Pastor.
6. Provide additional worship elements for the service periodically by: a. Recruiting soloists and ensembles to prepare and perform additional music for the service. i. The goal is to include an additional musical element once per month. b. Recruiting artists
to integrate art forms such as self-produced video, visual arts, live theatre, dance, etc. within the service. i. The goal is to include an artistic element once per month in addition to video clips that are part of the messages. c. Participate in the planning
and conduct of special services such as those on Christmas Eve and Good Friday.
Compensation: $200 per week during the three-month trial period. After satisfactory completion of the trial period, the salary will increase to $250 per week. After one year of service, two weeks of paid vacation will be earned.
Termination: Notice of at least two weeks is to be given by either party.
If interested, please send an email and resume to Pastor Jeff Butler at
www site: cccnyc.org