The Student Ministry Pastor will recruit, build and empower teams of volunteers to develop intentional ministry to teens and their families. He will develop systems and structures in alignment with the church’s mission, vision, values, spiritual maturity
pathway, and philosophy. He will be a team player with the rest of the Desert Springs Staff Team. He will develop a ministry that builds environments in which students who don’t know Jesus are reached with the Gospel, help them get connected in small groups
and grow in their faith, and develop them to reach their peers. He will be a model of integrity, living out biblical truth and demonstrate the Core Values of Desert Springs Bible Church.
Interested in learning more? Continue reading below:
The Preferred Candidate:
- Demonstrate a track record of spiritual maturity and character consistent with the biblical requirements for Pastoral leadership.
- The successful candidate will have earned a minimum of an undergraduate degree in Biblical Studies that has prepared them for full-time pastoral ministry.
- Agree with the Mission, Vision, Values and Doctrinal Statement of Desert Springs Bible Church.
- Full-time experience working in a church of over 500 in a leadership role with a track record of leading teams through healthy ministry growth and progress.
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible ministry and Student Ministry leadership experience working with a group of 80+ teens
- Innovative thinker who demonstrates resourcefulness regarding both people and projects.
- Strategic in nature, with the ability to see and implement the steps that it takes to get from here to there.
- Self-motivated leader who doesn’t need micromanagement but loves to live life and do ministry in a team context.
- Develop an intentional ministry strategy that aligns with the overall vision of the church and builds environments that reach students who don’t know Jesus with the Gospel, helps them get connected in small groups and grow in their faith, and develop them
to reach their peers.
- Build a ministry through recruiting delegating to and empowering an adult volunteer team.
- Effectively communicate and relate to a myriad of audiences including students, adult volunteers, parents, and the Church Staff.
- Build the administrative structures and policies to support a thriving student ministry.
- Partner with the parents of students, providing shepherding and acting as a resource.
All interested parties should submit their resume, via email, to email@example.com