Direct Report of the Growth Pastor
Required Skills and Job Complexity - This position requires a committed Christ Follower who relates well with people.
Job skills that are needed:
Unique Skills and Knowledge:
1. Leadership and management skills, to be well organized; able to make quality judgment calls and a team building mentality
2. Proficiency in meeting task deadlines/timelines
3. Strong interpersonal and communication skills
4. Counseling experience and skills
5. Skilled in crisis management
6. Able to prioritize time
7. Agreement with the Essential Beliefs of Fellowship of the Rockies
Problem Solving and Decision Making:
1. Solution oriented
2. Positive attitude and positive approach to problem solving
Principle Function of Staff Development:
Responsible for recruiting, screening, training, and evaluating all student ministry partners and facilitate the stated values for all areas of the student and college ministry.
1. Recruit Ministry Partners through various methods including personal relationships, promotions, networking, etc.
2. Screen applicants for the purpose of matching gifting with areas of need as well as identifying inappropriate applicants
3. Train Ministry Partners for appropriate responsibilities
4. Evaluate Ministry Partners for the purpose of personal and organizational development and growth
1. Oversee internship program (see Student Ministry Handbook for details)
2. Oversee administrative assistant General Program Oversight Responsible for direction and continued development of FOR Student Ministries
1. Develop annual strategic plan for ministry including
a. Previous year evaluation
b. Ministry objectives
c. Personal development goals
d. Tentative event calendar
e. General topic/teaching direction
f. Budget requirements
2. Ongoing assessment of vision for relevance to ministry needs and circumstances
3. Coordination of ministry objectives and goals with FOR objectives and goals
4. Ongoing communication with parents of vision and events
In order to maintain organizational health and momentum, the youth ministry must be integrated into the life of the church. The responsibility for this falls on the Student Pastor.
1. Attend a weekly meeting to communicate ministry successes to the direct supervisor.
2. Involve adult Ministry Partners and Parents in the student ministry
3. Provide opportunities for FOR Student Ministries to serve the Pueblo community through IMPACT Ministries
1. Create opportunities for students to participate alongside adults in ministry
b. Visual Arts
c. Service Projects
2. Create bridge relationships between student ministry teams and adult ministry teams
Sunday PM (Student Night) Sunday PM is the banner event that is designed for students to bring their friends as well as provide an environment for students to serve on the FOR Student Ministry teams.
1. Develop a teaching calendar utilizing group illustrations and student participation
2. Coordinate weekly itinerary to involve student and adult Ministry Partners
3. Provide teaching notes and graphics for Student Night worship for MediaShout preparation
4. Oversee Ministry Partners for student meal during Student Night
5. Oversee teaching and any necessary rotation
6. Manage the overall service including various elements and transitions and worship
7. Oversee the implementation of safety precautions in set-up and tear- down of equipment
8. Maintain communication with the worship staff to foster the ongoing development of our value on worship
Special Events (Specifically Designed Programs):
Special events serve to help us accomplish what cannot be accomplished with our weekly events. We do not believe that a good student ministry should have an activity every month just for the sake of having an activity. Everything is designed around our values and objectives: including special events.
General Planning and Evaluating:
1. Develop specific strategy for every event including purpose and measurable goals
2. Utilize teamwork in planning every event through the use of ministry partners, student leaders, the event planning ministry team or some combination thereof
3. Manage the entire project carefully including planning, preparing, communication, calendaring, execution, and evaluation
4. Evaluate event carefully using established goals and metrics determined before event with your direct supervisor
5. Some specific special events that happen on an annual basis worth noting include:
i. Sixth Grade Promotion Mini-Retreat
ii. Fall Freshman Mini-Retreat
iii. Disciple Now
iv. Summer Camp
i. Single Moms Oil Change
c. Mission trips
i. Domestic (Fresh, Soph) – IMPACT DENVER
ii. International (Juniors, Seniors, College)
i. Various events throughout year Discipleship (Project 137) Relational ministry fostered by Project 137 is currently a primary means of student discipleship. The goal of Project 137 is to help student mentors develop personal relationships with same gender students for the purpose of challenging and encouraging spiritual growth.
1. Train ministry partners to build mentoring relationships with students
2. Train ministry partners to utilize new believer materials
3. Train ministry partners how to share their faith and lead a student to Christ
4. Personally meet regularly with students
5. Train ministry partners how to communicate properly with the parents of the student mentee.
Developing leaders and ministry partners is a core value for Fellowship of the Rockies. The goal with developing leaders is to provide high levels of challenge for students who are ready to step up as true servant leaders for the kingdom.
1. Limit seminary activity to no more than six credit hours at any one time.
2. Regulate and limit office hours in conjunction with student activities to reflect no more than fifty hours on average.
3. Manage and balance the investment made into the seven high schools and fourteen middle schools represented in the student ministry.
The college ministry has been led by ministry partners since its inception. The primary responsibility for the Student Pastor currently is to meet regularly with key college ministry leaders for the purpose of monitoring growth and development of ministry and the personal development of its leaders. The current goal of our College Ministry is to expand its leadership capacity in order to facilitate a larger number of Life Groups and special events.
Other Duties As Assigned:
1. Point Pastor rotation
2. Pastor on call rotation
3. Life Journal rotation
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship and Associate PastorPataskala Grace Church
- Pataskala, Ohio
- October 26
Student Ministry PastorHighlands Church
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- October 25
Student Ministries DirectorDayspring Church
- Auburn, Indiana
- October 25
Pastor of Worship and Student MinistriesBrenham Bible Church
- Brenham, Texas
- October 25
Youth PastorONEeighty Church
- Springville, Alabama
- October 25
Fellowship of The Rockies
Fellowship of the Rockies exists to connect God, people and community. We connect people to God through evangelism and worship, people to people through Life Groups, and people to the glocal community through our Impact Ministries. More...