Children’s Ministry Director: Job Description
Great Exchange Covenant Church East Bay (GRX) is seeking a creative, energetic, self-motivated part-time Children’s Ministry (KidZplace, or KP) Director to lead the church in making young disciples. Our ministry is small but growing—impacting about 15 children
(birth–10yrs). We are looking for a Director that can bring organizational maturity to a ministry that was previously led by volunteers, but also position the ministry to reach out to new families, especially those of varied cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Status: Part-time (approx. 10 hrs/week, varies by weeks and seasons)
· Mature, growing and faithful relationship with Christ. Practices prayer, rest, relational authenticity. Meets the character qualifications expressed in 1 Tim 3:8-13. Beliefs consistent with the Evangelical Covenant Church (www.covchurch.org).
· Capable, competent, and comfortable teaching children and working with families.
· Reliable, trustworthy, self-starter. Skilled in organization and administration.
· Able to recruit, organize, work with, and delegate to volunteers.
· Ability to work in cross-cultural settings.
· Willing to participate as a member in the life and worship of the church.
· Fluency in Spanish a plus, but not required.
· Overseen by Leadership Team
· Responsible for those serving in KP
1. Lead Ministry: Develop, with Lead Pastor, a vision and strategy for children’s discipleship. Communicate this to the church, families, and volunteers. Organize ministry to accordingly.
2. Disciple Children: Choose, develop, and implement teaching curriculum. Lead a Sunday class weekly (one week off to join to for worship). Care for kids and families—in conjunction with Lead Pastor as needed.
3. Develop Volunteers: Recruit, train, and motivate volunteers. Care for volunteers—in conjunction with Lead Pastor as needed.
4. Administrate: Develop rotation schedule for volunteers. Continually review and enforce KP policies. Manage ministry budget.
5. Space Management: Develop, coordinate, and maintain classrooms and signage that promote welcome, cleanliness, order, safety, and clarity.
6. General Assistant: Perform general administrative duties: create bulletins, make copies, communications, etc.
Our Vision for GRX KidZplace:
· A ministry that is spiritually and relationally healthy and sustainable.
· Children feel loved by God and church, look forward to KP, and are made into disciples.
· Volunteers (incl. parents) are inspired and well-equipped to make young disciples.
· Parents are well-informed partners, confident sending their children to KP and inviting others.
· A growing ministry that loves across ethnic and socioeconomic boundaries, genuinely connecting with the people of Union City and beyond.
We are a small, young, suburban, multi-ethnic Asian American church – Sunday attendance about 60 people, with adults ages 20s-40s. We are a member of the Evangelical Covenant Church. We currently meet at a local school for Sunday worship.
Our vision is to become a community of subversive suburbanites in the way of Jesus that lives to share his story of renewal and hope for our city and our world. Our vision is codified into five Vows:
1. To worship Jesus as our one true, wise, and authoritative God, teacher, and Lord.
2. To be in community marked by Christ-like love, sacrifice, commitment across cliques, cultures.
3. To pursue spiritual depth in soul and character
4. To gratefully repurpose our possessions, powers, privileges for the church, the poor, the lost
5. To be a redemptive gospel presence in our city and our world.
Sundays: Cabello Elementary School (soon moving to Logan High School)
Office: 2811 Faber St, Union City, CA 94587
· Race: White 25%, Latino 25%, Filipino 20%, Indian 10%, Chinese 10%, Other 10%
· Religion: Catholic 60%, Protestant 15%, Jewish 5%, Muslim 5%, Other 15%
To inquire, please contact Pastor Brian Hui – email@example.com. To apply, along with your resume, please include a cover letter to introduce yourself.