Great Exchange Covenant Church East Bay (GRX) is seeking a part-time Worship Director to lead worship and oversee our Sunday Worship service—averaging about 60 attendees. We are looking for a Director who can help develop a team, music style, and worship
service that both cultivates a compelling liturgy and worship experience, while enabling us to start reaching out to the cultural and socioeconomic diversity of the city.
Status: Part-time (approx. 12 hrs/week, varies by weeks and seasons)
· Mature, growing and faithful relationship with Christ. Practices prayer, rest, relational authenticity. Meets the character qualifications expressed in 1 Tim 3:8-13. Beliefs consistent with the Evangelical Covenant Church (www.covchurch.org).
· Experienced in leading congregational worship solo and with a band. Talented and competent vocalist, instrumentalist, song arranger, and bandleader.
· Experienced in planning liturgy and designing worship services.
· Competent with computer, audio, visual, lighting.
· Able to recruit, organize, train, work with, and delegate to band and production team.
· Reliable, trustworthy, self-starter. Skilled in organization and administration.
· Willing to participate as a member in the life and worship of the church.
· Ability to work in cross-cultural settings. Fluency in Spanish a plus, but not required.
· Overseen by Leadership Team
· Responsible for those serving on music and production teams.
1. Lead Ministry: Lead, develop, organize Sunday Worship ministry that embodies GRX’s vision.
2. Lead Worship Services: Plan weekly worship and liturgy, in conjunction with Lead Pastor.
3. Lead Worship Team: Primary worship leader for Sunday services. Lead worship for holidays and special events. Oversee song selection and musical style.
4. Setup & Production: Oversee worship space design and weekly setup. Oversee all areas of production—audio/visual, lighting, etc.
5. Develop Volunteers: Recruit, train, motivate, shepherd production and band team members.
6. Administration: Prepare and oversee ministry budget. Communicate and coordinate with other ministries as needed.
Our Vision for GRX Worship:
· A church that glorifies Jesus as Lord as a congregation, as families, and individuals in our city.
· A worship gathering that authentically and compellingly leads people to worship, listen and pray, and commune with God.
· A worship gathering that draws people across the ethnic, socioeconomic, religious spectrum of the city to worship Jesus.
· People are biblically and liturgically shaped to live worshipfully as disciples every day.
· A ministry culture that embodies authenticity, excellence, and grace.
We are a small, young, suburban, multi-ethnic Asian American church – Sunday attendance about 60 people, with adults ages 20s-40s. We are a member of the Evangelical Covenant Church. We currently meet at a local school for Sunday worship.
Our vision is to become a community of subversive suburbanites in the way of Jesus that lives to share his story of renewal and hope for our city and our world. Our vision is codified into five Vows:
1. To worship Jesus as our one true, wise, and authoritative God, teacher, and Lord.
2. To be in community marked by Christ-like love, sacrifice, commitment across cliques, cultures.
3. To pursue spiritual depth in soul and character
4. To gratefully repurpose our possessions, powers, privileges for the church, the poor, the lost
5. To be a redemptive gospel presence in our city and our world.
Sundays: Cabello Elementary School (soon moving to Logan High School)
Office: 2811 Faber St, Union City, CA 94587
· Race: White 25%, Latino 25%, Filipino 20%, Indian 10%, Chinese 10%, Other 10%
· Religion: Catholic 60%, Protestant 15%, Jewish 5%, Muslim 5%, Other 15%
To inquire, please contact Pastor Brian Hui – email@example.com. To apply, along with your resume, please include a cover letter to introduce yourself.