Worship & Outreach Director: Job Description
Great Exchange Covenant Church East Bay (GRX) is seeking a part-time Worship & Outreach Director who can strengthen our worship ministry and equip us to reach out to the cultural and socioeconomic diversity of the city.
Status: Part-time (approx. 20 hrs/week, varies by weeks and seasons)
· Mature, growing and faithful relationship with Christ. Practices prayer, rest, relational authenticity. Meets the character qualifications expressed in 1 Tim 3:8-13. Beliefs consistent with the Evangelical Covenant Church (www.covchurch.org).
· Willing to participate as a member in the life and worship of the church.
· Ability to work in cross-cultural settings. Fluency in Spanish a plus, but not required.
· Overseen by Leadership Team
· Reports to Lead Pastor
· Responsible for those serving on music, production, outreach, and mission teams.
Worship Ministry Responsibilities:
1. Lead Ministry: Lead, develop, organize Sunday Worship ministry that embodies GRX’s vision.
2. Worship Services: Plan weekly worship and liturgy, in conjunction with Lead Pastor.
3. Worship Team: Primary worship leader for Sunday services. Lead worship for holidays and special events. Oversee song selection and musical style.
4. Setup & Production: Oversee worship space design and weekly setup. Oversee all areas of production—audio/visual, lighting, etc.
5. Develop Volunteers: Recruit, train, motivate, shepherd production and band team members.
6. Administration: Prepare and oversee ministry budget. Communicate and coordinate with other ministries as needed.
7. (Optional) Preaching: Opportunity to preach, depending on interest and experience.
Outreach Ministry Responsibilities:
1. Lead Ministry: Lead, develop, organize Local & Global Missions that embodies GRX’s vision.
2. Local Outreaches: Develop and oversee local outreach strategy to serve those in need and build relationships with the unchurched.
3. Global Missions: Oversee our current missionary and missions relationships with Cambodia. Lead annual missions trip.
4. Evangelism Equipping: Motivate and train church and individuals to share their faith. In word and deed.
5. Administration: Prepare and oversee ministry budget. Communicate and coordinate with other ministries as needed.
Our Vision for GRX Worship:
· A church that glorifies Jesus as Lord in our city – authentically and compellingly leading people to worship, listen and pray, and commune with God.
· A worship gathering that draws people across the ethnic, socioeconomic, religious spectrum of the city to worship Jesus.
· People are biblically and liturgically shaped to live worshipfully as disciples every day.
· A ministry culture that embodies authenticity, excellence, and grace.
Our Vision for GRX Outreach & Missions:
· A church that embodies and proclaims the life and world-redeeming message of Christ.
· A missions approach that exemplifies the humility and love of Christ – not pride or patriarchy; whose confidence is in God’s power and not our own.
· The whole church is invited to join in God’s mission – not just the clergy.
· A church that welcomes and reaches out to the diversity of our cities and workplaces.
We are a small, young, suburban, multi-ethnic Asian American church – Sunday attendance about 60 people, with adults ages 20s-40s. We are a member of the Evangelical Covenant Church. We currently meet at a local school for Sunday worship.
Our vision is to become a community of subversive suburbanites in the way of Jesus that lives to share his story of renewal and hope for our city and our world. Our vision is codified into five Vows:
1. To worship Jesus as our one true, wise, and authoritative God, teacher, and Lord.
2. To be in community marked by Christ-like love, sacrifice, commitment across cliques, cultures.
3. To pursue spiritual depth in soul and character
4. To gratefully repurpose our possessions, powers, privileges for the church, the poor, the lost
5. To be a redemptive gospel presence in our city and our world.
Sundays: Cabello Elementary School (soon moving to Logan High School)
Office: 2811 Faber St, Union City, CA 94587
Union City Demographics:
· Race: White 25%, Latino 25%, Filipino 20%, Indian 10%, Chinese 10%, Other 10%
· Income: $200k 5%
· Religion: Catholic 60%, Protestant 15%, Jewish 5%, Muslim 5%, Other 15%
· Age: 65y 10%
To inquire, please contact Pastor Brian Hui – firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, along with your resume, please include a cover letter to introduce yourself.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship Pastor / DirectorFirst Federated Church
- Des Moines, Iowa
- January 16
PRAISE & WORSHIP LEADEREnglewood Christian Assembly of God
- Englewood, Ohio
- January 16
Associate PastorEaton First Church of God
- Eaton, Ohio
- January 16
Worship PastorNew Hope Church
- Bend, Oregon
- January 16
Worship DirectorSouth Plains Church
- Levelland, Texas
- January 16