Are you passionate about helping the local church welcome, serve and disciple families? Could you thrive in a role focused on empowering others to share in the hands-on work of kids’ and student ministry instead of trying to do it all yourself? Would you
feel at home in a church where authenticity is not only welcomed but required, relationships are critical to mission and seeing the Kingdom come in and through us as we follow Jesus is the end game? If so, we hope you’ll keep reading.
Who We Are:
We’re an independent, non-denominational church that believes we are one small part of Jesus’ body and Kingdom. We’re a work in progress- being led, shaped, and grown by God. As a result, we’ve become open, flexible, diverse & creative.
At Connections, God has brought together a community of people that represent a melting pot of theological backgrounds
(Catholic, Baptist, Episcopal, Lutheran, Methodist, newcomers to faith, etc.), who have a wide range of church experiences
(positive, negative, neutral, horrible, etc.) and are at many different points on the spiritual journey
(just starting out, hungry, skeptical, wounded, maturing, etc.) How does it all work? Only God knows for sure, but our hunch is that focusing on Jesus instead of our differences leads to the unique unity that we enjoy.
We strive to live as an oikos- the extended spiritual family we see in the early church. Our mission
to build relationships that change things with God, each other, and the world is the heartbeat of our work. You’ll see it represented in the way we do ministry and the way we love each other in the midst of everyday life.
From the beginning, Connections Church has focused on welcoming anyone interested in Jesus. God helped us build a warm, safe environment where people have explored and embraced faith and experienced God’s transforming love and power. Over the past couple
of years, we’ve followed God’s prompting to raise our level of spiritual challenge to match our levels of welcome and invitation. We’re on the verge of launching an intentional discipleship process (via 3DM, see www.weare3dm.com) that we believe will be essential
for the next season of our journey.
And the latest direction we’ve gotten from God? Seek a Family Pastor.
Who We’re Looking For:
We’re looking for a new member of our family who feels called to be on the journey with us, following God as He continues to form our story as a faith community. We’re looking for someone who wants to call Connections home, not just land
We’re looking for a pastor who can bring people together, honoring an individual’s unique journey with God and helping them see how they fit in the larger story of God’s love for us.
We’re looking for a team leader who thrives on details, loves to manage schedules and projects, knows how to recruit and develop others, works hard to equip & support their volunteers, and has a passion for providing opportunities for growth,
care, and connection for newborns-12th graders and their families.
What You’ll Do:
Lead Kids’ Ministry (Birth - 5th grade)
- Be the point person who is ultimately responsible for Kids’ Ministry.
- Provide leadership, vision, enthusiasm, and energy.
- Recruit, train, equip, schedule and review volunteers to meet the needs of the ministry.
- Lead the Kids’ Ministry Core Team of volunteers to maximize their leadership capacity, ensuring that our ministries for kids are stable, consistent, safe, well-staffed, positive, creative and fun.
- Shepherd our Kids’ Ministry so that it aligns with the overall mission & vision of the Connections community
Oversee Youth Ministry (6th - 12th grade)
- Provide oversight by supporting and scheduling volunteers to lead weekly ministry environments and other events for students.
- Shepherd our Youth Ministry so that it aligns with the overall mission & vision of the Connections community.
Leading In Both Ministry Areas & Church Life
- Serve and provide care for families. Help them get connected to the church as a whole (through partnership with the Pastor to Adults).
- Communicate well with parents and partner with them as they provide spiritual leadership to their children.
- Lead as a disciple of Jesus, continually learning and growing in your journey of faith and pursuing personal and professional health.
- Be an active, invested part of the church as a whole.
- Be a supportive & collaborative member of the Connections staff team.
- Effectively steward the resources God has provided through the Connections Church family.
Hours: This position will be 30-40 hrs per week, depending upon the needs of the applicant and their experience level. The role is
75% Kids’ Ministry, 25% Youth Ministry, with flexibility through different seasons of ministry.
Pay: Salary considerations will begin at $30,000.
Please email the following items directly to
- A cover letter (email) that clearly expresses why you are interested in this specific role with our specific church community.
- Your resume, which highlights pertinent experience and education that has prepared you for this position.
- Samples of (or links to) any work you’ve done that represents your potential fit for this role (ex. video of you teaching kids or youth, resources you have developed for kids’ or student ministry, etc.).
To Learn More: