Children’s & Families’ Pastor
First Baptist Church
Everett, Washington, United States
The First Baptist Church of Everett, Washington—located 25 mile north of Seattle, WA-- is seeking a full-time children’s and families’ pastor. The vision for this dynamic community of Christ-followers is “Growing Together in Christ.” We are passionately
committed to seeing every member growing in their commitment to Christ, growing in their connection with one another in the body of Christ and growing in their contribution to the mission of Christ. The primary vehicle for discipleship in this congregation
is life groups.
The ideal candidate for this position will have both the passion and the gifting to see children come to a faith in Jesus Christ and grow in their relationship with Jesus. The ideal candidate will be a proven disciple-maker, a catalyst for creating community
and a mature team builder for a growing children’s ministry.
Lead in the development and implementation of children’s ministries for children ages 0 through grade 5 which contributes to their growing commitment to Christ, along with their families. It is recognized that a Children’s Pastor has a ministry beyond children
to include the entire family.
Essential Job Functions:
In conjunction with the Children’s Ministry Department, develop an annual children’s ministries plan which evaluates existing ministries, identifies new ministries, and recommends changes as appropriate for inclusion in the succeeding year’s preliminary
budget. Ministries are to be designed to disciple children and their families toward a growing commitment to Christ.
• Serve as the primary vision caster and leader for children’s and their families’ ministry.
• Recruit, train, motivate, supervise, and provide pastoral care to all children’s teachers and leaders.
• Give oversight to the Sunday and mid-week children’s programs.
• Develop or select discipleship curriculum and programs for children, ages 0 through grade 5,
which can be used by trained lay teachers and leaders.
• Give leadership to quarterly children’s outreach programs.
• Manage the child care programs of the church.
• Develop materials and schedule classes that would see children grow in their commitment to
Christ, grow in their connection in the body of Christ and grow in their confidence to
Contribute to the mission of Christ.
• Provide opportunities for families by offering parenting workshops, faith development
classes, and family-oriented classes and activities where parents and children could learn
• Work closely with the Pastor to Students to help children make a healthy transition to Student
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
• A balanced personal life which provides for spiritual, physical, and mental growth for
him/herself and family.
• A passion for reaching children with the Good News about Jesus and seeing them grow in
• A high value on family and a desire to see parents become disciplers of their children.
• A high level of personal integrity.
• A team player and a team builder.
• Communicate effectively with children.
• Courage and willingness to initiate growth in the discipleship ministries.
• Recruit, train, motivate, and supervise children’s teachers and leaders.
• Expand existing and develop new discipleship ministries.
• Manage multiple ministries, events, and issues concurrently.
• Interpret and use Scripture accurately.
• Strong interpersonal skills in working with teachers and leaders.
• Self-motivated and able to motivate others.
• Has served in a multi-staff congregation.
• Proven experience to lead children’s ministries.
• Five years of experience in children’s ministries.
• Bachelor’s degree (education) or equivalent experience in children’s ministry.
• Demonstrate a commitment to continuing education.
Submit cover letter and your resume to Joanne Starr at firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not apply through churchstaffing.