Adult Discipleship Pastor
First Baptist Church
Everett, Washington, United States
The First Baptist Church of Everett, Washington—located 25 mile north of Seattle, WA-- is seeking a full-time adult discipleship pastor. The vision for this dynamic community of Christ-followers is “Growing Together in Christ.” We are passionately committed
to seeing every member growing in their commitment to Christ, growing in their connection with one another in the body of Christ and growing in their contribution to the mission of Christ. The primary vehicle for discipleship in this congregation is life
The ideal candidate will be a proven disciple-maker, understanding the value of relationships and community in seeing people develop in their faith, and be a catalyst for creating community where people can grow together in Christ.
Responsible for seeing people connected to life groups where they can grow in their commitment to the person of Christ, grow in their connection to the body of Christ, and grow in their contribution to the mission of Christ. Because a critical component
of the church's discipleship strategy is life groups, the Adult Discipleship Pastor is responsible for recruitment and training of small group leaders and coaches; birthing new groups; focusing individuals and life groups on the Great Commission of making
disciples, supervision of life group leaders and coaches while maintaining oversight of all adult discipleship ministries.
Essential Job Functions
In conjunction with life group coaches, develop an annual ministry plan which evaluates existing discipleship ministries, identifies new discipleship ministries, and recommends changes as appropriate for inclusion in the succeeding year's budget. The Adult
Discipleship Pastor is expected to increase the number of life group leaders, coaches, and life groups. All life groups, Bible studies, support groups and recovery groups are to be under the supervision of the Adult Discipleship Pastor and the life group team.
- Recruit, train, motivate, supervise, and provide pastoral care to life group leaders and coaches involved in the church's discipleship program.
- Lead every member to find his/her place of ministry through the spiritual gifts God has given them.
- Provide for leadership development for life group leaders and coaches, and assist in launching new life groups.
- Provide leadership for the Life Group Team, Bible studies, support groups and recovery groups
- Share the Pastoral Care Ministry, through counseling, weekly hospital visitation, weddings and funerals.
- Participate in worship services including occasional teaching as requested by the Lead Pastor.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Reflect a balanced personal life, which provides for spiritual, physical, and emotional growth for himself/herself and family.
- A passion for creating an authentically caring community within small groups and gifting for developing a life group ministry.
- A team player and a team builder.
- Someone who loves Jesus and is passionate about seeing others come to know Jesus and become connected to Christ's church through involvement in a life group.
- Demonstrate a commitment to growing spiritually, emotionally, relationally and as a leader through a disciplined devotional life.
- Possess gifts of leadership, teaching and administration.
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others.
- Highly relational in working with leaders and coaches.
- Communicate effectively with children, adults, ministerial staff, the
- ·congregation, and non-believers in the community.
- Courage and willingness to initiate growth in discipleship ministries.
- Recruit, train, motivate, and supervise life group leaders and coaches.
- ·Proven ability to grow a life group ministry.
- Manage multiple ministries, events, and issues concurrently.
- Interpret and use Scripture accurately.
- Has served in a multi-staff congregation.
- Proven experience to lead multi-program discipleship ministries and grow a life group ministry.
- Five to seven years’ plus experience as a Discipleship or Life Group Pastor.
- Bachelor's degree in related ministry.
To Apply: Submit cover letter and your resume to Joanne Starr at
email@example.com. Do not apply through churchstaffing.