About this church: Valley Bible Church is a non-denominational church founded in 1956 and located in White River Junction, Vermont (near the Connecticut River, which borders New Hampshire and Vermont.) The congregation is gathered from the
surrounding area in the two states, referred to as the Upper Valley.
Valley Bible church exists to glorify God by making disciples through reaching all people with the Good News of Jesus Christ, engaging our members in vibrant discipleship that deepens our walk with Christ and equipping the saints to be more effective ministers
toward one another in Christ.
As a regional church, we particularly desire to present the person and work of Jesus Christ to the Upper Valley through our public proclamation of the Gospel, our personal/private evangelism, and through the testimony of our lives lived together in the Body.
This desire is reflected in our motto, “Influencing the Upper Valley for Christ.”
Web Site: www.valleybiblechurch.org
For more information about the community, the church, and the compensation package please refer to the following links:
The Pastor has oversight of the spiritual life of the church and of all ministries occurring at Valley Bible Church with specific focus on prayer, preaching, vision casting, leadership development, administration, discipleship, and community outreach. The
Pastor serves as the administrative head of the church, accountable for supervising all day-to-day affairs.
The Pastor serves as a member of the Elder Board, which oversees all church matters. As a member of the Elder Board, the Pastor serves with other Elders to protect and shepherd the church into the truth of the Bible under the leading of the Holy Spirit.
The Pastor is wholly accountable to the Elder Board.
The Pastor shall be a man qualified by his background, his training, and a demonstrated ability to minister. Accordingly, the following factors will be evaluated in his selection:
1) He is to be a Christian with a clear testimony of the working of God’s saving grace in his life and faith in Jesus Christ.
2) He is to be a Christian in submission to the authority of the Scriptures and the Holy Spirit as reflected in his lifestyle and ministry.
3) He must exhibit a vital growing relationship with Jesus Christ and exhibit a loving, Christ-centered life.
4) He must exhibit the godly character qualifications of an Elder as found in I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1.
5) He will be able to communicate the Christian faith from the pulpit and also through how he lives.
6) He must be knowledgeable of and thoroughly understand the Scriptures.
7) He shall be in agreement with the Doctrinal statement of this church and be willing to abide by the Constitution, by-laws, and policies of this church.
8) He shall be aligned with the mission statement of this church.
9) He must have a clear sense of God’s call to pastoral ministry.
10) He must have a heart for ministry and a desire to reach others with the gospel.
11) He is spiritually gifted as a pastor/shepherd.
12) He is merciful (as in Micah 6:8.)
13) He will preach/teach the Scriptures, ensuring sound doctrine.
14) He is a preacher who uses expositional teaching methods, rooted to the biblical text, connected to daily life, with a focus on applying the Word to congregants’ lives.
15) He is to consistently deliver expository teaching that exhorts, inspires, and challenges the spiritual growth of the congregation; having the capacity to understand and interpret the original meaning and intent of the scriptural text.
16) He is to expose the congregation to the whole of Scripture.
17) He is an excellent communicator who will preach the Word of God with conviction, passion, and clarity.
18) He is able to work with existing leadership to achieve the stated goals of this church in a supportive and edifying manner.
19) He is able to work with believers of diverse ages, educational backgrounds, and levels of Biblical literacy.
20) He is to be instrumental in discipleship training; equipping leaders for ministry through personal modeling, mentoring, and formal programming.
21) He exhibits an ability to organize, analyze, execute, and/or delegate tasks in a timely manner.
22) He is self-motivated and able to initiate projects and work independently.
23) His interpersonal skills demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively with leaders and volunteers, seek feedback, and humbly accept criticism.
24) He is able to freely interact with the church body and easily relate to his flock because of his genuine love, concern, and enthusiasm for them.
25) Preferably he possesses a Master of Divinity or advanced degree in Theology from an accredited seminary.
26) He demonstrates a proven track record in prior church leadership.
27) He demonstrates counseling experience.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit the required application materials (cover letter, current resume) for this job position through www.churchstaffing.com. Please append requisite materials in one portable file that is uploaded to the resume portion of the
www.churchstaffing.com website. Please do not submit telephone, mail, email, or facsimile inquiries to the church office related to this open position.
The deadline for applying is Monday February 3, 2014. All submitted information will be treated as “Confidential.” Additional information may be requested and/or required.
To be considered, you must include the required materials. The pastor search committee will acknowledge receipt of timely and complete submitted candidate packages. If your submission is rejected you will receive written notification. If Valley Bible Church
would like more information or would like to take next steps, you will be notified. Final candidates will be notified and asked to provide additional information later in the selection process.