Do you love working in a fun, fast paced environment? If so, this job opportunity is for you!
The Campus Events Manager (CEM) oversees all Gateway events both internal and external to ensure successful events. CEM will support resource scheduling, space set up and any other necessary support. The CEM is hands on and does whatever is needed to make
the event happen.
- Oversee all event requests both internal and external.
- Schedule event to ensure there are no conflicts with space, tables, chairs, audio and video equipment. Consult staff and volunteers to make sure that the set-up of the space meets the vision and expectation of the event.
- Perform the physical set up and tear down of all events (including Sunday mornings) in regards to tables, chair, other furniture, hanging signs, tents, baptism pools, etc.
- Work with the community and outside businesses to manage the project, oversee contract negotiations and coordinate with a variety of Gateway teams to orchestrate the event.
- Recruit, lead and care for a volunteer events team
- Train staff to effectively use the campus spaces including knowledge of policies, audio / visual equipment, room stewardship, etc
- Project manage churchwide events like Christmas, Easter, special events, Gateway Getaway, etc (using Basecamp pm software)
- Partner as part of Guest Services on Sunday mornings to facilitate the best possible guest experience, as needed
- Maintain regular discipleship of leaders by meeting with them one-on-one
- Plan and execute staff party / events
- Act as a stewardship of the facility meeting spaces & storage spaces
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge/Skills:, Word, and Excel. Strong customer service and administrative skills required. BaseCamp. General knowledge of A/V
Education: High School Diploma; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Experience: 1-3 years office, administrative or experience in
events coordination desired.
Working Conditions and other information:
Must be able to lift a minimum of 30lbs or be adept at finding people who can.
Click below to apply for this position.