Chambersburg First Church of God
Worship Arts Director
(This is a full time position)
Basic Function: The Worship Arts Director will oversee, coordinate and direct the ministries of worship, music (both Traditional and Contemporary) and the arts at CFCOG. The Director will have the faith, energy, passion, knowledge and
giftedness to lead the congregation into the presence of God in a multi-service, multi-style, multi-venue environment.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing relationship with Him
- A staff member who strives to live in such a way as to bring the utmost respect in representing the church
- A deep commitment to and love for the local church
- Agreement with the CFCOG Statement of Faith, ministry vision, and core values
- A routine financial supporter through regular tithes and offerings
- In coordination with the pastors, establish and execute a Christ-centered and biblically based theology of worship at CFCOG, while educating the congregation in the worth and appreciation of music and arts in worship
- Day-to day supervision of staff (Direct supervision will include: Choir Director and United Worship Leader)
- Plan, organize and lead all aspects of the weekend worship services, and special services, in coordination with the appropriate staff members and ministry teams.
- Plan all worship services in coordination with the Senior Pastor
- Collaborate with the Production Coordinator to develop all media, lighting and audio aspects for the worship services
- Collaborate and support the part-time Choir Director as necessary to ensure periodic Cantata productions (Christmas and/or Easter) are done in the highest possible quality
- Collaborate with the part-time Choir Director in coordinating and directing an Orchestra
- Oversee and support various drama team volunteers (Director, Cast, Stage Crew, etc.) involved with dramas and/or brief skits that emphasize sermon points and themes
- Committed to team building
- Promote the health and spirit of the teams with regular personal connection and encouragement
- Build and expand the teams and their range of talents by recruiting, engaging, auditioning and onboarding new talent
- Manage energetic and talented team members with an ability to resolve conflicts in a Christ-like, yet decisive manner
- Manage weekly rehearsals and ensure all worship arts elements are of high quality and that all worship teams are fully prepared for the weekend worship services.
- Participate in weekly post-service reviews with the Senior Pastor and Production Coordinator and weekly all-staff meetings.
- Develop and manage the worship arts ministry annual goals and budget in accordance with CFCOG’S yearly plan.
- Demonstrated skill to play an instrument as worship leader or accompanist. Prefer an individual with advanced skill level on guitar and/or keyboard.
- Good interpersonal skills that reach across generational barriers in order to provide a ministry of worship and participation for all ages.
- Strong vocal skills. Solo level vocal skills preferred.
- Good understanding and skills with regard to multiple means of communication, including texting, email, social media and planning center.
- Possesses a general knowledge of the aspects of live production, including audio, lighting, video, multimedia, music and staging
- 4 year degree in Music or equivalent experience
- Thrives with a team environment, including Pastoral staff, Elders, and Worship and Creative Arts teams
- Demonstrated excellence in leadership of congregational worship, including a warm, encouraging, reverent and energetic presence in the leadership of corporate worship
- Knowledge of contemporary and traditional worship music genres conducive to leading multi-style worship services.
- Experience as a multi-style worship leader for 5+ years.
- This position will report to the Senior Pastor
- The performance of the responsibilities will be evaluated by the Senior Pastor
The Chambersburg First Church of God is located about 1 mile from exit 17 off I-81 in Chambersburg, PA. In 2007 we relocated from the downtown area to a beautiful new church on 24 acres. We had a need to build a larger facility due to our growing attendance
that has reached an average of approximately 1000. We have a total of 8 full time and several part time professional and administrative staff. We have many active ministries including 4 styles of worship on Sunday and Family night ministries on Wednesday
evenings. These 4 different styles allow us to offer several different contemporary worship services with a modern flair while also offering the traditions that have been common in the last decade. Please visit our website at www.cfcog.cc for more information
about our services (Traditions, Celebration, Encounter, and United Worship Experience). There you will find many links and pictures that will allow you to learn more about what our church has to offer.
To apply for the position, please send each of these items below to email@example.com in either WORD or PDF format. Please put only your last name in the subject line of your email so that the committee can sort your email efficiently during our review
process. Only applicants with the following items completed will be acknowledged and reviewed:
- Cover letter
- Resume, which should address qualifications as completely as possible
- An audio or video example of the applicant leading worship vocally as well as instrumentally. It is preferable that this comes from a live setting and is video, but all submissions are helpful. Please do NOT attempt to attach mp3's or video clips
to your e-mail. Instead, provide a link where your submission can be reviewed such as Youtube, Vimeo, Dropbox, etc.
As part of the search committee's due diligence, rest assured that our goal is to review candidates promptly with additional instructions returning to you within a week of your submission. Thank you for your interest in the Chambersburg First Church of
God. We hope that you are as excited about this position as we are.