If you reply to this posting please submit the following :
1. VIDEO of you leading worship on a typical Sunday morning service
2. RESUME with relevant ministry experience and references
Please READ all the information below. We are looking for someone with several years of FULL TIME worship pastor experience.
About Grace Assembly of God
Our church is a growing and dynamic place. We are located on the southside of Indianapolis in Greenwood and New Whiteland area. We are currently constructing a new sanctuary that is slated to open in spring 2014. We have grown from a congregation of 26
to more than 1000 in the last sixteen years. God has blessed us with tremendous growth as we pray, fast, love people, serve the community and preach the truth.
For music, we are not married to one particular style of worship. Our goal for worship is simply THAT EVERYONE WORSHIPS which is a catalyst for the presence of God in a service and in our lifestyles. That means great care has to be taken to minister in
a variety of styles and genres that connect with all ages and backgrounds. In a typical service you will hear songs from Jesus Culture, Chris Tomlin, Hillsong, Israel Houghton, Brian and Katie Torwalt, and many others. We want to engage all generations in
the presence of God.
The primary role of the worship pastor will be leading worship in the main services, overseeing worship teams and bands, and mentoring worship ministry throughout the church (youth, children, outreach, Spanish Language, etc). The rest of the job description
will be determined by the skills/experience presented by the candiate that is chosen (drama, design, website, multimedia, lighting, other)
We are looking for someone who . . . . .
Can lead mutlple worship teams and bands
Recruit and train vocalists and instrumentalists
Pastor/mentor worship team members
Strong instrumentalist and is able to teach/train others
Can learn and lead a vareity of styles of worship
-A servant mentality. As a pastor we serve the people versus them serving us.
- Work ethic - must be willign to work hard and be flexible
- Humility - willing to follow spiritual leadership and maintain unity
- Spiritual leadership in your house - ability to lead your family well
- A person of prayer
The salary range will depend on your experience, education and current family needs. This is negotiable.
Questionnaire (Worship Leader)
8 questions total
1. Briefly tell your testimony of how you found Christ and your call to ministry.
2. Describe your family. Are you single, married, divorced? Do you have any children?
3. What songs/artists are you listening to currently in your car - iPod, etc?
4. Who are your greatest influences - who are you learning from - when it comes to worship ministry?
5. List any musical instruments that you play and what skill level.
6. What are your ministry gifts outside of worship? Outreach, youth, kids ministry, small groups, etc.
7. Do you have/plan to have any commitments outside of your work for the church? (Ie: side business, traveling to minister, etc.)
8. Have you experienced the baptism in the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues?