Job Title: Systems Administrator
Reports To: Senior Pastor
Position Status: Full Time
Purpose: The Systems administrator is responsible for managing the Accounting affairs of Discovery Church and developing its technological capabilities. This includes developing and overseeing the execution of strategic social media and digital initiatives;
managing hardware, defining training needs and for providing supervision for staff in both the financial and Tech areas. The Systems Administrator will be responsible for the aligning both our Finance department and our Technology Department with the overall
strategies and direction of Discovery Church.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
Accounting Management: Responsibilities include the following:
- Oversee preparation of annual giving statements.
- Supervise Accounting staff for punctual completion of assigned tasks including: weekly contributions to general fund, special funds, and donor designated funds.
- Supervise the preparation of monthly reports for the Ministry Leadership Team.
- Define and provide solutions for the Technology needs of Discovery Church.
- Provide staff/congregational training for all technological developments.
- Define and execute a social media strategy for the ministries of Discovery Church.
- Supervise staff and volunteers within the Technology Department.
- Creates, manages and grows Discovery’s presence across social media channels, including, but not limited to Web presence, blogs, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Instagram.
- Utilize measurement tools to provide progress reports while continually finding ways to improve on new initiatives.
- Participates in weekly staff meetings.
Job Skills and Requirements
- A bachelor’s degree in business communication, marketing, advertising, Accounting, or a related field and 3 years experience.
- A committed Christian.
- Is responsible for fostering effective communication in the church organization.
- Knowledge of computer systems, including word processing, electronic communication software, membership software, and financial reporting and accounting software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and follow-through on assignments on deadlines.
- Experience with evaluating and implementing Technological solutions.
- Mastery of Accounting requirements and processes for a non-profit organization.
- Working knowledge and experience in planning, managing and executing Technological advancements and Accounting practices.