We are seeking a pastor who will provide strong leadership and help us implement the vision of Berryessa Valley Church, which is to “extend the hope of Jesus Christ to San Jose.” The pastor whom God leads to BVC will be called on the basis of 1 Timothy 3:1-7
as well as Titus 1:7-11. We expect him to teach the Word of God uncompromisingly as well as develop our core values of evangelism, prayer, discipleship, ministry, worship, and fellowship. We are seeking a pastor who will be able to enlist volunteers according
to their gifts and direct them in those specific ministries.
We seek a pastor who embraces and understands how to cohesively work with a multicultural congregation enlisting support as well as challenge each person to go into our community and world with the Gospel.
We seek a pastor who demonstrates a proven history of integrity and leadership.
- Support and strengthen our core values: discipleship, evangelism, prayer, ministry, worship, and fellowship
- Embrace a multicultural congregation encouraging the spirit of fellowship that now exists.
- We desire a pastor who has a passion for equipping and mentoring individuals.
- Develop and expand the BVC vision of "reach San Jose and the world with the hope of Jesus Christ."
- Administer a plan to revitalize the small group ministry at BVC.
- Cooperate with Converge Pac West and Converge World Wide leaders in matters of mutual interest and concern; keep the church informed of denominational development; represent the church in civic matters.
Education and Experience
A master’s degree from a recognized seminary.
Senior pastor experience in a church with an attendance of 100.
If this sounds like you, please take some time to pray. If God calls you to apply, please send your cover letter and resume to [firstname.lastname@example.org] along with links to your online preaching/teaching audio and/or videos.
This is a full time position with a full benefit package. 11/22/2013