Reports to: Senior Pastor
Hours: 20 hours a week
The Director of Finance and Administration will be responsible for overseeing and implementing the financial operations at First Free. The Director of Finance and Administration will also oversee IT systems for the church and will provide support for the
- Work closely with the church treasurer to assure the sound financial management of the church and to shepherd stewardship initiatives.
- Process all contributions and payments to First Free.
- Oversee management of bill pay.
- Oversee management of staff credit cards.
- Develop financial plans and annual budgets assuring that the church has designated the appropriate financial resources to achieve its mission and vision.
- With Treasurer, ensure financial controls as well as proper and accurate recording of business transactions.
- Prepare and communicate financial reports as needed to elder board and congregation.
- Manage payroll processing.
- Serve as financial contact for any guidance or information needed by ministry staff or volunteers.
- Act as the primary administrator for all financial and technical purveyors and systems including all database management, banking systems and software programs.
- Assist in preparing for and presenting at ministry team meetings and provide reports for treasurer’s presentation.
- Manage employee benefits and property insurance.
- Act as primary liaison for legal and accounting contractors, including annual review.
- Ensure effective information technology systems are in place.
- Work with the staff to implement a plan for organizational effectiveness.
- Play a key role in helping to recruit and develop exceptional teams of volunteers to serve on committees over finance and information technology.