EFC is seeking an Associate Pastor of Assimilation, along with leadership in the areas of Worship and Youth Ministry. We are looking for a person with strong character, competence and excellent team chemistry.
EFC is a contemporary church located two miles from the center of historic Newport, Rhode Island. We are affiliated with the Evangelical Friends-Eastern Region and have a high percent of children, teens, young adults and young families.
Our mission is “Seeing lives changed by following Jesus, loving people and reaching our world.” Our vision is to seek the transformation of Newport County. Our values are expressed in the acrostic T.E.A.M: Transformation, Excellence, Accord (unity) and Missional.
- A mature, personal faith in Jesus Christ.
- Love for people and a servant’s heart.
- Teachable, honest, vulnerable and receives constructive criticism well.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Organizational skills: ability to plan and coordinate people and events.
- Leadership skills: ability to identify, recruit, train and mentor emerging leaders.
Guest (new people) follow-up
- Prepare welcome cards.
- Pray for new families.
- Initial phone call to new families.
- 30 day phone follow-up phone calls.
- 60—90 day phone follow-up call for local people to make sure they are connected.
- Field phone calls and emails from new families.
* Provide Prayer and Pastoral guidance.
* Welcome new families.
- Attend Spiritual Life meetings.
- Assist Sr. Pastor with care of church members as needed
- A strong musician with experience leading worship and playing in a band.
- Recruit and train two worship leaders and teams so the church can start a third service.
- Empower the worship teams to lead the congregation in the praise and worship of God through music and prayer.
* EFC currently has 2 Sunday morning services.
* Special services (Christmas Eve, prayer meetings, special events, multi-church events).
- Communicate with the Sr. Pastor about Sunday service order, sermon topics & special events.
* Coordinate and plan services and songs to flow with Pastor’s vision
- Lead worship team musically, spiritually and administratively.
* Encourage and motivate worship team members to develop their relationship with God and to use
their God-given talents to lead others into worship
* Coordinate monthly schedule for worship team leaders
* Select and post online in advance the songs and chord charts for Sundays
* Oversee the interview and audition process of potential worship team leaders and members
* Coordinate all equipment and instrumental needs for regular services and special events
* Prepare yearly budget and identify spending trends
* Continually developing talents and skills to be used for the worship ministry
- Lead technical side of worship team.
* Recruit, train and coordinate technicians for participation in worship services
* Manage sound equipment (sound board, in-ear monitors, computer) and stage set-up
* Maintain and upgrade equipment
* Identify equipment needs and purchase new equipment
- Provide leadership and oversight: ability to identity, recruit, train and mentor volunteer youth leaders for the Jr. and Sr. High.
- Master’s degree in Theology or Ministry (preferable).
- Presently ordained or pursuing ordination.
HOURS PER WEEK: 50
COMPENSATION: Robust salary with benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Send cover letter, resume and any media (YouTube, etc) to Cristina DiPietropolo: email@example.com