Columbus Avenue Baptist Church
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for creating and coordinating promotional pieces and publications for the church in conjunction with department supervisors and coordinates the communication venues
of the church.
Associate Pastor Administration and Operations
· Assist in the creation and manage the weekly church bulletin
· Create and manage the weekly all church email newsletter
· Create and manage all-church emails as submitted
· Create and design promotional pieces as submitted by the departments
· Create and manage pre-service slides as submitted
· Maintain and manage the all church master calendar
· Maintain and manage the Event Management System
· Maintain and manage the church web site content
· Maintain and manage church social media content
· Assist with the development of promotional pieces by department
· Serve as the church receptionist
· Attend prayer and share time with the staff
· Meet on a regular basis with the supervisor
· Attend and participate in All Staff events during the week
· Participate in the office staff rotation for Sunday am, Wednesday pm, and Fridays
Minimum of a Bachelor degree in Communications or Graphics Design from an accredited university or 2-3 years of experience in an organization, business, or ministry involving communications related to the requirements of this position.
To qualify for this position you must have the following:
· Excellent people skills and the ability to collaborate as a team
· A passion for excellence and the ability to work with effectively with deadlines
· Excellent listening and relationship building skills
· Able to read, write, and speak English
· Excellent organization skills and the ability to multi-task
· Proficient working knowledge and the ability to use Microsoft Office
· Proficient working knowledge and ability to use Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Photoshop, Power
Point, Publisher, and the internet.
· Have a general understanding of Communications, Promotions, and Marketing
· The candidate must be a Christ-follower with a growing personal walk that aligns with the mission
and beliefs of our church.
· Dependable transportation
· Ability to be consistent on the job each week
About our church!
We offer a safe and friendly work environment! There is lots of work to be done but we have fun doing it along the way. We stress collaboration and place great value on “the team”. We offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package and the
position is full time M-F. Apply through Church Staffing or mail your resume to PO Box 345, Waco, Texas, 76703 attention HR Department/Open Position. Background checks are required before hiring.