Imagine serving on a pastoral team where there is a healthy community of grace...permission to be broken, and permission to struggle. When it arises, conflict is not avoided; it’s addressed appropriately. A Leadership Team member describes the environment
as one in which “We walk together in our brokenness, dealing with heart and root issues.”
The Discipleship and Assimilation Pastor will create and lead the vision for Discipleship and Assimilation. This role will design and manage a system that will move visitors from a casual attender to an authentic missional disciple.
In order to move toward this goal, the Discipleship and Assimilation Pastor will develop systems, processes and strategies that enable the congregation to assimilate into small groups, service and growth classes that enable them to grow as disciples that
go out and make disciples.
1. Assimilate visitors and new believers into the church community through the development and implementation of a holistic assimilation and discipleship strategy
2. Establish, grow, and transform the Community Groups ministry
3. Develop and implement church-wide campaigns designed to inspire the church to engage with authentic community
4. Lead in developing an end-to-end, intentional path and plan which keeps guests moving forward from their first visit to their full assimilation into the church
5. Establish benchmarks and create strategy to improve the percentage of people serving each week
6. Select and implement a leadership development system
7. Oversee the recruitment, motivation, and training of ministry leaders
8. Serve as pastor and overseer of care for leaders of groups, discipleship and assimilation
A minimum of 5 years leadership experience in a large church or non-profit setting is required, as well as a Bachelor’s Degree. A combination of business and ministry experience highly desirable.
SKILLS / ABILITIES / ATTRIBUTES
Agile; thinks, moves and changes quickly
Mission and results-focused approach to ministry
Systems and process oriented
Strategic thought leader
TRAITS / CHARACTERISTICS
Love for God and people
Relational and likable
Heart for prayer
Sense of humor
Please send your resume to
email@example.com with SANGD1013-147 in the subject line. Unfortunately we are unable to respond to all inquires. Thank you for not calling.
Do not submit resumes to churchstaffing.com or contact us via the "Contact Employer" button below on left side. Send your resume directly to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest.