Job Title: Junior High Student Pastor, Full Time
Reports To: Central Director of Student Ministries
Position Summary: The "288 Campus" Junior High Student Pastor must have a strong knowledge of scripture and be a good communicator. They must be able to teach in a way that is relevant to their audience. They must have a passion for students
and a desire to challenge them to grow deeper in their faith. They must have excellent people skills that are necessary when dealing with both students and parents. They must be a hard worker and willing to do some physical labor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Develop relevant message for 6th, 7th and 8th grade students based on outline provided by central staff
Recruit and train volunteers:
- Create an inviting environment for students. Go the extra mile to encourage newcomers to attend Krush junior high and make sure they are welcomed.
- Develop and grow the ministry.
- Plan and execute quarterly outreach events specifically for 6th, 7th and 8th grade students. Develop and institute a discipleship program for 6th, 7th and 8th grade students.
- Develop a relationship with the junior high schools that feed into the 288 campus.
- Assist all Krush staff for big events. (Revive weekend, Camp, etc.)
- Help recruit and train all volunteers.
Other duties may be assigned due to strength of employee (whatever it takes).
- College Degree or three years of Student Ministry experience.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks.
- Sacrificial team player serving in God’s family.
- Continually strive to give people a place to belong in God’s family.
- Passionate and committed to the mission of New Hope Church.
- Excellence must be a priority.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Has a sense of humor.
- Cultural relevance.
College Degree, or three years of Student Ministry experience. Have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Has ability to use good judgment and able to plan, organize, and prioritize work with details. Have excellent interpersonal skills and
effective at problem solving.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.