The ideal candidate is passionate about reaching our community, event coordination and execution, recruiting and leading volunteers, and being a part of a high energy/“make it happen” staff. Candidate must be people-oriented and enthusiastic about reaching out to and being involved in our community.
- Oversee the administration and management of select areas of the ministry in consultation with the Executive Team and appropriate committees and staff.
- Support, supervise, manage, and evaluate staff members, in conjunction with the Human Resources Department.
- Identify, recruit, and coordinate volunteers to support church activities.
- Train members of the church to play an active role in the church’s outreach efforts.
- Analyze revenue and program cost data to determine budget priorities.
- Collaborate with other staff and ministry members to establish goals and objectives to develop ways to encourage program participation.
- Facilitate and teach Bible studies, Sunday School, and, on occasion, during worship services.
- Help shape the church’s growth strategy.
- Execute multiple and complex tasks in own area; offer personal experience to improve performance or resolve problems.
- Counsel members of the church who are in need of spiritual or emotional care.
- Provide pastoral care through hospital and home visitations.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of progressively responsible and related experience.
- Five years of experience in a management role.
COMPETENCIES—KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Substantial professional experience and thorough knowledge of Biblical theories and principles. Formal education is not required, but command of theology and religious training is critical.
- Ability to lead in a variety of contexts (individual, small groups, large groups) in such a way that Jesus Christ and His gospel are central. An Outreach Pastor should be a self-starter and initiative-taker.
- Effective preacher and teacher who is able to rightly handle the Word and joyfully engage in expository exultation. Ability to effectively “equip the saints for the work of the ministry.”
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate the needs and vision of the church to all church leadership and similarly communicate decisions from leadership to staff members and the congregation.
- Ability to tactfully and winsomely unite people with varying perspectives to advance harmony and love and to achieve common goals.
- Advanced communication and customer service skills required. This position requires communicating, influencing, and changing the behavior of others.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership techniques, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of communication and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform via written, oral, and visual media.
- Ability to manage time and prioritize projects and assignments; possess a collaborative work ethic.
- Exercise sound discretion and maintain confidentiality with consistent and strict adherence to protocol in handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict timelines.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and follow-up skills; possess self-motivation.
- Effectively engage in complex problem solving.
- Ability to devise methods, systems, and processes required to be proactive in completion of routine and non-routine tasks and responsibilities.
- Software skills including Microsoft Office programs(MS Word, PowerPoint, etc.) with the capability to master church database software system.
The duties listed here-in are subject to change as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- This type of work involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for extended periods.
- Person performing service in this position will exert 10 to 20 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, and pull or otherwise move objects.
- Abundant Living Family Church provides all training required to ensure employee safety.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
Resumes must be submitted by Friday, January 3, 2014
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Pastor of Life DevelopmentCrosswinds Church
- Oronoco, Minnesota
- January 19
Next Steps PastorBeach Church
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- January 19
Youth Pastor / DirectorWarren Community Fellowship
- Warren, Oregon
- January 18
Journey Kidz Pastor/DirectorThe Journey Church
- New York, New York
- January 18
Associate/Family PastorNew Life Community Church
- Irmo, South Carolina
- January 18