If you are a team player, you know your Bible (and you believe the Bible to be true), you have a passion to teach in interesting and creative ways, and you have a desire to minister to adults, please keep reading!
The Associate Pastor is a full-time position that will serve as a vital member of a Sunday morning teaching team. Secondary focus will include assuming ministry responsibilities within the Adult Ministry structure while working closely with other pastoral
A MATURE BELIEVER IN JESUS CHRIST WHO:
• Has a minimum of 3 years of ministry experience
• Preferably has a college degree in ministry, theology and/or related subject
• Is comfortable working with people in a variety of settings
• Offers gifts of Leadership, Teaching, and Shepherding
• Is a creative thinker and brain-storms well
• Is team-oriented
• Is comfortable training and equipping lay persons for ministry
• Is committed to long-term ministry
THE CHOSEN CANDIDATE WOULD:
• Meet weekly with the Sr. Pastor, as part of the Teaching Team to help develop and implement biblical, relevant teaching within River Oaks
• Spend a substantial portion of his time teaching (and preparing to teach) the body of River Oaks (Sundays, Mid-Week, and/or other classes)
• Work closely with the Adult Ministries Pastor to help evaluate and determine specific ministry tasks and responsibilities within Adult Ministries
• Work at developing relationships within the church body to shepherd, train, and equip lay ministers for various ministries within the church, while providing management oversight
• Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings
• Manage administrative details within areas of responsibilities
• Complete other duties as assigned by Sr. Pastor or Elders
THE CHOSEN CANDIDATE NEEDS TO BE:
• Teachable: Many can teach, but fewer are teachable. Teaching pastors have to be able to work together and learn from each other.
• Creative: Creating messages, ideas, and events that are captivating and engaging is not only useful, but a necessary part of the daily job.
• Passionate: It’s a powerful process when teachers are excited about the topic and can get other people excited too.
• Humble: In the process, there are plenty of opportunities to submit and learn from each other. However, when an impasse arises, teachers must be willing to submit to the Senior Pastor’s decision.
TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION:
Please be prepared to submit:
• A résumé containing at least 3 references
• A statement of your personal testimony
• A statement of agreement or disagreement with our Doctrinal Statements (available at riveroaks.org)
• A link or digital copy of a sermon in audio or video format
• An optional cover letter