We are currently only considering candidates already residing in Hawaii.
The Worship Arts Pastor will have Love for Jesus and a desire to see lives and communities changed by the gospel. He/She reports to the Lead Pastor and is responsible for the development of all worship and creative arts teams including the tech support teams.
He/She is responsible for training and shepherding bands and overseeing the worship portion of gatherings, including musical selection and arrangements, and, as they develop, dance, drama, choirs and other worship art forms.
Additionally, this position is responsible for the visual and A/V technical aspects of the church gathering and oversees the key components for the overall feel and aesthetic – which includes collaborating with and overseeing the staff and teams responsible
for media, production and communication. He/She is a student of culture, watching and keeping in tune with what connects with people musically, visually and socially.
• Three years minimum experience as worship/creative pastor or leader
• Formal training in a creative program such as music is preferred – or equivalent experience
• Fulfill the duties required of Waipuna Chapel members as outlined in the membership covenant
• A fully-supportive spouse (if married)
• Experienced and proficient in leading worship with a strong confident voice and stage presence
• Fulfill the character qualifications of an elder as taught in the Scriptures (Titus/Timothy)
• Philosophical alignment with church leadership
• Passionate about casting vision and developing leaders
• Demonstrated musical skill and theological discernment
• Possess pastoral influence, verbal communication skills, and cultural awareness
• Committed to continued development
Knowledge and Skills:
• A strong gift for leadership and a proven track record of developing leaders of leaders
• Pastoral heart
• Proven success at multi-tasking, time management, and prioritizing
• Proven ability to work with and maintain positive, loyal relationships with those inside and
outside the church
• Gifted vocalist and musician – humble and Spirit-led
• Technology savvy with computers, media and AV
• General knowledge of running sound, stage/set design, and lighting