MOBBERLY BAPTIST CHURCH
TITLE: Communications Director
ORGANIZATION UNIT: Pastoral Ministries/Worship Media
REPORTS TO: Senior Associate Pastor
SUPERVISES/MENTORS: Graphics Assistant/Intern, Communications Team
LAST REVISION DATE: September 2013
The Communications Director is responsible for branding and messaging for Mobberly Baptist Church, both internally and externally. All communications efforts and activities should be conducted in support of the church mission to lead all people into a life- changing, ever-growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
*1. Lead a team in the development and growth of effective communications strategy and efforts for effective communications internally and externally.
*2. Produce communication deliverables via graphic design, e-mail marketing, social media outlets, Mobberly Web site, print production and signage.
*3. Serve as the primary consultant and creative force behind ministry-specific communications, seasonal projects, external media relations and advertising.
*4. Coordinate and produce weekly communications (including, but not limited to Worship/Welcome Guide, media slides, print cards, business cards, banners, posters, signage, etc) in a timely, accurate, up-to-date and consistent with our vision and branding.
*5. Coordinate strategic communication between the website, social media outlets, email marketing, print products, and signage to keep information and campaigns accurate, up-to-date and consistent with our vision and branding..
*6. Act as the project manager and quality control check on all church communications products, including those produced within the individual ministries of the church.
*7. Negotiate and coordinate print production with outside vendors as needed.
*8. Develop and maintain an annual plan by working with the Sr. Associate Pastor and Communications Team.
*9. Oversee continual refinement of Mobberly’s communication policies and procedures to assure achievement of the church’s leadership objectives and vision.
*10. Maintain budget development, approval and expenditure of budgeted items with the assistance of the Sr. Associate Pastor and Sr. Associate Pastor’s Administrative Assistant.
*11. Maintain professional growth through continuing education, skill development and professional involvement in the areas of print, web, social media, and general marketing principles.
*12. Provide feedback and input to the Senior Associate regarding the status, evaluation and progress of all aspects of the Communications ministry.
*13. Maintain a program of spiritual, professional and physical self-development.
*Task which is considered to be an essential function of the job; although, other duties may be assigned by your immediate supervisor.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS, KNOWLEDGE, and SKILLS & ABILITIES: NOTE: These requirements represent minimum levels in order to perform the job on a satisfactory basis. Candidates must have the ability to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the job.
- Elevate prayer as the foundational component of the communication ministry efforts.
- Develop and enforce oversight and accountability systems with ministry partners.
- Lead regular team meetings in order to communicate strategic, tactical and operational goals. These meetings should foster a sense of teamwork and cooperation among the ministries.
- People skills and the ability to collaborate creatively are vital.
- A passion for excellence and the ability to produce quickly under time pressure are essential.
- Ability to manage
- Report to the Senior Associate Pastor at least quarterly on team progress and initiatives. Report annually to other teams or ministries as assigned.
- Collaborate with the Sr. Associate Pastor to ensure the communications strategy and opportunities are documented and available to the church on a timely basis through all communication venues.
- Demonstrated success working closely with and building relationships with staff and partners.
- Commitment to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally.
- Ability to relate positively, influentially, and sensitively to a broad spectrum of persons in a variety of multi-tiered relationships and settings.
- Proficient ability to plan, administer budgets and other detailed reports.
- Ability to provide strategic and logistical planning and facilitate meetings, conferences, workshops, and retreats as required.
- Excellent listening skills, interpersonal skills, and relationship building skills.
- Excellent demonstrated leadership skills necessary to appropriately influence people to achieve a desired outcome.
- Proficient management skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proficient ability to manage projects, exhibit detail-oriented skills necessary to understand and manage a wide-range of information from a vast amount of entities.
- Proficient ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, vendors, churches, committees, organizations, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to multi-task.
- Professionalism in the workplace to include professional and accurate communication with others.
- Proficient working knowledge and ability to use various office software including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Publisher, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook email, and internet skills.
- Proficient working knowledge and ability to use various graphic and media programs including, but not limited to QuarkXPress, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Micromedia Dream Weaver, Avid or Final Cut Pro, Audacity, Power Point,
- Ability to use up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently to move objects.
- Ability to grasp, push, pull, carry or otherwise manipulate objects; ability to perform tasks requiring action of muscles or groups of muscles and foot and/or hand-eye coordination.
- Ability to bend, stoop and climb periodically.
- A strong Christ-follower who can identify closely with the mission, values, vision and priorities of Mobberly Baptist Church.
- A mature Christian who is growing in their personal walk with the Lord through committed Bible Study, prayer and service.
- A willingness to be a “team player,” where collaboration can exist between the Senior Pastor, Sr. Associate Pastor, Serve, Worship, Connect, Develop Ministries and other ministries and volunteers within Mobberly Baptist.
- An understanding and passion for Communications and Marketing as it relates to ministry.
- The proven ability to identify, train, lead, and care for a large volunteer staff.
- Strong managerial and leadership skills combined with an exceptional relational ability.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- The proven ability to identify, equip and lead a team of volunteer staff.
- The proven ability to manage people, budgets, long range planning and plan implementation in church environments
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or Graphic Design from an accredited university.
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years of experience in leading communications efforts in an organization, business, or ministry involving multifaceted communications strategy and execution of plans.
- Marketing, communication, and design experience with not-for-profit, church, or similar organization is preferred.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Communications DirectorIngleside Baptist Church
- Macon, Georgia
- January 13
Creative Arts / Communications DirectorCornerstone Christian Fellowship
- Chandler, Arizona
- January 11
Communications Directorthe Journey at First Baptist Orange City
- Orange City, Florida
- January 11
Video ProducerFellowship Bible Church
- Roswell, Georgia
- January 10
Chief Video EditorThe Watchman Show
- Washington, District of Columbia
- December 30