Director of Young Adults
Highland Park Presbyterian Church
- Highland Park Presbyterian Church is a large, Presbyterian church in the heart of Dallas, Texas with 4,000 members and a rich heritage. While located in the family oriented neighborhoods of the Park Cities, it is in close approximation to the young adult
population of central Dallas and is culturally, relationally, and geographically positioned to reach young professionals and young married couples. HPPC is seeking a talented and experienced leader to work with post-college singles, newlyweds and young married
adults between the ages of 22-35. This is an excellent opportunity to shape leaders, build community that will engage young adults, and create a culture of following Jesus as part of the larger body of Christ. We desire to hire a person who has demonstrated
the capacity for competent work, has a vision for a flourishing young adult ministry, and will be the best fit culturally in Dallas and at HPPC.
- Lead, equip, and encourage young adult leaders to take ownership of young adult ministry activities.
- Create communities that are engaging and culturally appropriate for single young adults, as well as engaged and recently married couples.
- Get young adults involved in the discipleship of other young adults as well as children, youth, and college students at HPPC.
- Coordinate ways for young adults to get involved in serving the church, the local community, the city, and the world.
- Provide, alongside lay leaders, a system of small(er) groups that allow for authentic relational (life-on-life discipleship) and deepening of relationships.
- Shepherd young adults in their relationships with Jesus.
- Must be an engaging teacher and creative thinker with experience teaching from platforms of multiple sizes.
- Has to be flexible and organized, able to manage multiple areas at once: leadership development, visioning, teaching preparation, and program planning.
- This person should be highly relational and able to draw in others.
- Needs to be a leader who others follow and who gets the most out of teams.
- Past experience getting leaders and teams on board with vision as well as experience growing ministries.
- Participating in a team environment with multiple staff, able to supervise and take supervision.
- Master’s degree from a seminary preferred, Bachelor’s in relevant field considered.
- Active and vibrant commitment to growing in trust in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord of all of life.
- Must be a servant leader who leads with grace, love, and humility.
- Understanding of and commitment to the Reformed faith.
- Desires to see those far from Jesus start to engage in Christ-centered community and know the saving grace of Jesus.
- Lives in such a manner that God is glorified in everything—family, relationships, work, play, parenting, etc.
To apply, please send the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org
-Any personality inventories, gifts tests or strengths assessments you have.